sticker charts

Options
when my daughters potty trained I gave tehm sticker charts. I think I"m going to make a couple for me. If I do what i"m suppose to I get a sticker. When I fill it up I get a prize.

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    that's a good incentive. Will you have your rewards mapped out in advance, or plan them as you reach your goals?
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Love it! Now you just need to search the forums and blogs for a suitable reward idea!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh and I think I will have my daughters do the stickers.
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea!
  • wiffe
    Options
    I don't know. LOL Just know I weighed myself and I've gained wieght. BOOO

So I'm going to get out the charts and stickers and talk to my girls (7 and 4) tomorrow about helping mommy.

One big thing will be that I will ahve lost wieght. As far as actual rewards I dont know. I'll fit better in my clothes.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for multiple "rows of stars", different goals? Maybe some rows could be a certain number of fruits and veggies a day, or get a "star" for substituting a healthy snack or exercise for a less healthy one. These could also be fun for your kids to do them too!
  • wiffe
    Options
    Right now what's going through my brain taht is just so mad is a few charts. One for doing my pushups. One for walking on my treadmill, one for running on the treadmill maybe one for situps.

The part that I'm missing is the excercise part.

If I do my pushups I get a star. No reward till the whole chart is done. (which is 25 or 30)
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think a nice reward could be a chair massage, or if you have a car, having the car washed for you.
    Lower budget? Maybe a bubble bath, or buy a nice paperback for yourself at the store if that is something you don't do for yourself already?