lunch

Options
so im 18 years old, going to college, and not very good at picking out healthy items...what should i do for lunch?

I'm getting tired of lean pockets all the time..... lol

any ideas :)

Replies

• Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    so im 18 years old, going to college, and not very good at picking out healthy items...what should i do for lunch?

I'm getting tired of lean pockets all the time..... lol

any ideas :)
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    HAVE A TURKEY SUB FROM SUBWAY WITHOUT CHEESE AND ON WHOLE WHEAT BREAD!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i'm a college student as well so i feel your pain. these are some of the things my school as available that i take advantage of:

-sandwiches (wheat bread is the best. to stay low in calories, get lean meats like chicken or turkey. also, watch the cheese)
    - campus grill (chicken, turkey burgers, and veggie burgers are the lowest calorie choicest. you can also ask for the chicken without the bread, cut it up, and put it on a salad)
    - stir fry (get as many veggies as possible. If your school gives you a choice between broth and oil, always choose the broth. again, if given a choice, try to go with the brown rice instead of white)

hope some of that helped
    good luck to ya :smile:
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I usually eat subway - it is $5 for 2 sandwiches which = two meals = great for a budget and still tastes good - I just load up on all the veggies - no cheese and no dressing. Still tastes good.

I also just had 1.5 serving of Mrs T's mini perogies and 1 serving of fat free sour cream. It was really filling and tasted great!!! and was on 230 cal for all of it!!!

Lean cuisines are good cause they are just a quick microwave for when you are pressed for time.

I hope this helps. :drinker:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :) im starting to get hungry hehehe.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with lunch. I had the lapband done in November and I'm sick and tired of tuna and chicken salad for lunch. I can't eat subway or lean pockets because of the bread and if I have soup one more day I think I will just scream!