Uses for egg yolks??

Options
2»

Replies

• margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I put them in my hair. :D Egg yolk does amazing things for hair. You can mix with oil and honey or whatever for a mask or mix with conditioner (as I do when I'm lazy) and let sit in hair for half an hour then rinse out. My hair feels amazingly soft and strong afterwards.
    I'm going to try that. I have hightlights and go swimming alot. Thanks for that tip :flowerforyou:
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I use them in my hair treatment: egg yolk, avocado & coconut oil.
  • phiddy23
    phiddy23 Posts: 103
    Options
    What's wrong with eating the whole thing? I have 1-2 whole eggs a day. To be fair though I'm not bothered about fat - doing low carb, medium fat, high protein diet.
  • dianhathaway
    Options
    You can give the yolks to your dog or a friend's dog, but too many may make them choloesterol heavy so watch it. I've used egg yolks in "24 hour fruit salad" recipe that has fresh and canned fruit (mostly pinepple, apples, oranges, etc.), and you make a nice dressing with egg yolks. It's a really good salad that might be good for the holidays. I" don't know the calorie count.

Good luck!

Oh, and try putting them in with your shampoo, they are really great for your hair!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with eating the whole thing?

I don't like the taste of the yolks.