Exercise after midnight

Options
Just curious, I'm a bit of a night person, and I'm awake usually up till 1am sometimes 2am, and worse than that I happen to do workouts at that time or do some kind of exercise, if I have guest the day after I even clean vigorously at night so I don't have to wake up early in the morning!.

So how should I log it? so far I've been counting this night exercise as part of the same day, as for me the day ends when I'm going to bed, but I wonder whether I should do it the other way round.

So I wonder how do you guys do it.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I usually do my work out after midnight be cause i work in the afternoon/evening

I do the same as you and log it as part of the same day with the day not ending until i go to sleep.
  • kerrydunning
    Options
    same here
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Personally, Exercise and food I log for between when I sleep. SO if I had a snack at just after midnight before I go to sleep, I'd log on the previous day.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am an insomniac that doesn't usually go to sleep to like 10 or so a.m. I prefer to exercise at night and this includes times even after midnight. To me, it's the same day. The day doesn't end for me until I go to sleep, especially since the day doesn't even begin until the afternoon. I wish I had someone to exercise with during this time, but I'm usually doin' it by myself if I exercise.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Uhm, I prefer to exercise alone, however, most of the times I have my hubby, he likes to watch me work out, but if he's in a fun mood, he will try to do the aerobics in such an unfashionable way that really makes me stop exercise, point at him and laugh, therefore I don't concentrate good enough and I give up doing! XD
    I am an insomniac that doesn't usually go to sleep to like 10 or so a.m. I prefer to exercise at night and this includes times even after midnight. To me, it's the same day. The day doesn't end for me until I go to sleep, especially since the day doesn't even begin until the afternoon. I wish I had someone to exercise with during this time, but I'm usually doin' it by myself if I exercise.
  • MrsNoir
    Options
    Good to know I'm not the only one!
    I usually do my work out after midnight be cause i work in the afternoon/evening

I do the same as you and log it as part of the same day with the day not ending until i go to sleep.
  • MrsNoir
    Options
    Thank you very much for your replies ladies!! good to know I'm not the only one doing it that way! :)
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Uhm, I prefer to exercise alone, however, most of the times I have my hubby, he likes to watch me work out, but if he's in a fun mood, he will try to do the aerobics in such an unfashionable way that really makes me stop exercise, point at him and laugh, therefore I don't concentrate good enough and I give up doing! XD

He likes to watch you exercise? Sounds naughty, naughty. Haha! I just want someone to exercise with me so it'll keep more accountable and not as likely to find an excuse to slack off. Plus, it's more enjoyable if someone's with you because they're goin' through the same stuff you are and it's a bit supportive which I need. My husband doesn't exercise with me so if I do exercise, I prefer to exercise before he gets home. I don't like having other people in the room when I exercise if they aren't exercising as well, it makes me feel really self-conscious. Well, unless I'm doin bellydancing or zumba. I love shakin' my booty and if he's in the room, too, then that's okay. ^_~ I'm sure he'll enjoy the show..