Sore calf muscles!!

Options
My calf muscles are killing me! Anyone have some home remedies? I've had them rubbed but it hurt to much lol

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough potassium? Potassium and magnesium deficiencies can cause calf pain.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Soak in a hot bath, then stretch them gently. Feel better soon! Take a pain-killer if it hurts too badly.
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hot bath w epsom salts and gentle stretching and massage when you can tolerate it. good luck!
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Get a foam roller or use a hard ball to roll them and massage them. Also, if they hurt too much, you may need to take a rest day. I swear by the foam roller though, it really makes a difference.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Yes to all of the posts ahead of me, but also do good stretches. My favorite is to stand on a stair with the balls of my foot on the stair and drop your heels down. Hold for 30 seconds...don't cheat, make it the entire 30 seconds, do this 2 - 3 times a couple times a day. Also do it after a workout along with any other stretching. Drink plenty of water as well. Good luck!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of the posts ahead of me, but also do good stretches. My favorite is to stand on a stair with the balls of my foot on the stair and drop your heels down. Hold for 30 seconds...don't cheat, make it the entire 30 seconds, do this 2 - 3 times a couple times a day. Also do it after a workout along with any other stretching. Drink plenty of water as well. Good luck!

^^^ this

do not underestimate stretching.
    before working out make sure to warm up muscles sufficiently (usually 5 min) before hitting full intensity (dynamic stretching).
    after your workout make sure to do static stretching of all muscle groups engaged during your workout.