New to MFP......from NC

Hello, I'm a 30 year old mom to a 9 year old daughter. I've always struggled with my weight but I am so determined to make a permanent life change. Two and a half years ago I thought I was content with weighing 244 lbs. I didn't think I could make the change. I started losing a few lbs here and there and started feeling better about me. In August of 2010, my partner of 6 1/2 years left me, and my world changed. I decided to make a change because I was so depressed and down on myself. Now, 1 year and 2 months later, I'm down to 180. I'm 5'5" and my GW is 160. I want to be healthy, and look good. I started back dieting 2 weeks ago and going to the gym 5 times per week. I need all the motivation and help I can get to get rid of these last 20 lbs. I know if I stay on track I can do it. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• You definitely CAN do it, and you certainly deserve it! Welcome and best of luck. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like. We can all use all the encouragement we can get, and I think you'll find that this is a great group of people.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    First of all, welcome! I have full faith that you can do this. You sound extremely motivated, and that's fantastic! We are all here to support and motivate each other. Take advantage of the boards and community, they will serve as invaluable resources! Feel free to add me as well :D
    Good luck, and I can't wait to start seeing your progress!
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Welcome to the club... im right with ya on losing those last 20 lbs !!! This is the place to do it :smile: Feel free to add me !!:flowerforyou:
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Hello and welcome :flowerforyou: You have come to the right place for all of the motivation and support you need...please feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • billtownsend
    billtownsend Posts: 75 Member
    Your on the right track. Good nutrition, exercise and consistency is what you need. You'll do great.