5'7 and 160lbs - goal 140lbs

Options
i'm 20 years old, 5'7 and 160lbs! and my goal is at least 140! and by then I'll just see how much more i want to loose.
I exercise 6-7 times a week and allways eat least my 1200 calories, and I also eat at least half my exercise calories, somtimes more and occasionally less.

I really want to hear from other girls in the same goal range as me.
I have been thinking what my goal should be, and how long time it should take me to reach it healthily.
I really want to be in good shape before christmas, and was thinking I could loose about 10 pounds in november an another 5-10 in desember. what do you think about that? and are any other girls looking to do the same?

but I what really want to know is how many calories are you eating a day? and do you excercise every day and how much of exercise calories do you eat then?

and also, how long time have you given you to reach your goals? :)

Replies

• fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It's probably a "pipe dream" goal. Just stay with your program, one day at a time/one meal at a time, faithfully. Stay with your fitness program to burn the fat. Your body is in charge. If you expect too much too soon, you're setting yourself up for failure. Be kinder to yourself. You'll be drop dead gorgeous again when your body is ready. :)
  • Kamioh30
    Kamioh30 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me. I started alot higher though, but right now I'm 168 and I am also 5'7''. My goal is also 140, and if I get there and think there is room for improvement I may try to go lower. I exercise 5-6 times a week. Running and zumba mostly, but I do lift some light weight. I think your goal is achievable, obviously because I've got the same goal. Good luck to you and keep up the hard work.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, 5'9'' and I aim to be 140lbs too. This would leave me at BMI 22 which is bang in the middle of the "healthy" range.
    Got 35lbs to go until I reach my target weight, which means that I am 2/3 of the way there with my overall weight loss. It's all very exciting.

I eat 1,200 per day (or aim for that anyway. Occasionally rebel and have the odd snack in the evening) and exercise twice per week at the moment. I go out for an hour's walk on both of these days.

I'm a 3rd year degree student, which means that a lot of my time is taken up with work. When I graduate in July I will be able to exercise more, and this hopefully means that I'll be able to eat a lot more, too (as I'll be maintaining by then with any luck).
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am a tad bit taller....5'8" and currently weigh 155. I am trying to get down to 148 by the end of the year, and then down to 140 by June 2012.

Slow and steady for me........In February I weighed 168, so it has taken me 8 months to drop 13 pounds......BUT I don't always try that hard either, so my own fault for being soooooooo slow with weight loss.

I just joined MFP last week and love it! I am really trying to be accountable for my eating habits and work out more.

Good luck to you all!!
  • Kamioh30
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with an ambitious goal. I think it keeps you focused. Goals aren't set in stone, but its good to have something to strive for and if it needs to be altered, then alter it.
  • Kamioh30
    Options
    Also I've been at this for 175 days for my 67 pound loss. I think that could have been considered overly ambitious, but I still haven't hit my first goal of 160, so I'm still hard at it!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Great job at your loss! Looking great!

As far as numbers go, I think your "build" comes into play. I am 5'8" but otherwise have similar numbers. I'm not technically overweight on charts, but on my slim built, it is overweight, kwim? 140 at our height might be really ambitious for someone with a stronger build, but for me, it's actually a little high. My high school weight was lower than 120, and I don't want to get that low, but I'm looking more to 130, and I think for me, that is reasonable. I'm not one who's as focused on the scale as a I the measurements and clothes, though, so we'll see what it ends up being when I'm happy with my weight/size.
    I definitely think your time frame is ambitious! I am moving slowly, myself, but it's great to see people move quickly! Best of luck to you!
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Im the same as you. Im now 5ft 8 and 157lbs and want to get down to 140... then ill see if i want to lose anymore.

Its not bad to have high inspirations on the weight loss - ive lost 24lbs already due to my programme of having my calories set to 1200 per day and do approx 40 min cardio 5 times a week. I dont eat back all my exercise calories (probably about a quarter) but thats just me, you need to find your happy medium.

As for time scale. Im hoping to lose approx 15lbs by x-mas/Jan ~ want to team up?! :wink:

Oh and my food diary is open if you want to have a peek! xx
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm shorter, but my starting weight was 160 and my original goal was 135. It took six months to reach that goal, with another ~10 pounds in the past four months.

You don't have much to lose. When you don't have much to lose, it's not realistic to expect to lose 10# a month. It's hard for ANYONE to lose that much. Aiming to lose ~5# a month, or one pound a week, is a lot more attainable. As you close in on your goal, you should change your settings to lose a half pound a week.

The slower you lose the weight, and the more you eat while losing, the more of your lean muscle mass you're going to retain. You want to lose the fat, not the muscle and the fat.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i am 24yrs old and 5'7. my goals are a bit different but thought you might want to hear a variety of things :). i am 133lbs. my goal was 120lbs. but i am not losing weight no matter what i do SO i changed my goals to build more muscle. i workout 6 days a week. (used to be 7 but since lifting i have realized i have to take a rest day) i am considering going through a bulk/cutting phase to see where that gets me. GOOD LUCK
  • Kamioh30
    Options
    i am 24yrs old and 5'7. my goals are a bit different but thought you might want to hear a variety of things :). i am 133lbs. my goal was 120lbs. but i am not losing weight no matter what i do SO i changed my goals to build more muscle. i workout 6 days a week. (used to be 7 but since lifting i have realized i have to take a rest day) i am considering going through a bulk/cutting phase to see where that gets me. GOOD LUCK

I saw a slogan T-shirt and decided to adopt it's quote as my own....."Strong is the new skinny" I think a nicely defined muscular woman, but not bulky, is very attractive. I know I'll never be "slim" but with my body type I can be lean and muscular, so that's my focus. Good luck to you, and keep up the hard work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!