C-section belly help!

Options
2»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should just learn to love our overhangs, after all in the past before surgery we might all have died in in childbirth or our children might have died. An overhang is a small price to pay.

Thanks for the profound way of looking at it. Mine hasn't been bothering me but I have been wondering what it will look like when I hit my goal weight. I don't want saggy skin. :embarassed:
  • MJH2011
    Options
    I have the same issue here. I have been up and down in my weight mostly in the past 10 years but since I had my section almost 20 years ago that little bit of skin is always there but I found that when I get to my target weight that it isn't as bad. I agree though that it is a small price to pay for having a healthy baby who is all grown up now. I plan to keep working on it though and see where it goes from there.
  • Hahham
    Hahham Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections (check)
    overhang, pooch, whatever ya wanna call it (check)
    wanting it to go away (check)

yep I am in this boat too!
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    "It's my flap and ill play with it if i want to!" lol you may be left with extra skin, just tuck it in your underwear. that's life. im cringing thinking of what mine will look like lol boo hoo. lol
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections and a hysterectomy for me, and I have an apron also. I was told it's not muscle, it's loose skin, so not much can be done without surgery. Let's keep trying, though!
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I've had 3 c-sections w/i the past 8 years...my belly's finally starting to look normal again since I've been eating better and exercising. I like to do Pilates exercises...I can feel the burn every time!
  • amyB27
    amyB27 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :tongue: hey ladies! I have had 4 c-sections since 2004 & have the apron or dunlap is what i call it lol. It takes time to restrengthen the muscles that are cut & with proper nutrition & skin care you can minimize a certain amount of the stretched out skin. some ppl will have better results than others. your body's chemistry has alot to do with it. so just do your best, strengthen your lower ab muscles & come to terms with it being there but smaller or have it removed is all I know :) mine is shrinkin some w/ each wk I keep on track!
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 c-sections and really wish I could get rid of my pouch too! Small price to pay though for having the 3 greatest loves of my life!! :)
  • grneyedgf
    grneyedgf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with genetics . I didn't have a c-section, but I after I lost my weight (two kids naturally) , I had an overhang of loose skin. I worked so hard to get back to my weight and I was discouraged that I didn't look the way I wanted. I chose the tummy tuck because I was down to 17 % body fat for more than a year and it did not improve or go away. I tried vitamins, creams, burning the fat, weights, yoga, and you name it , I tried it. I'm not saying it's for everyone. I had friends that had three kids and had a smooth tight tummy. I was not so blessed. I am not vain, and I don't go around wear bikini's or showing my midriff . I did it for me after my divorce. I just felt better about myself. There is non-surgical options like "thermage" and from what I can tell you it helps tighten skin around the belly button, but not the overhang.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    No C-Section as per say, but I've had two surgeries, most recently a hysterectomy this past July. It's been 14 weeks now, I've lost 22 lbs since my hysterectomy and I have a wicked "apron". I've been told lots of water, and to give it time. Apparently it can take up to two years after you lose all the weight you want for your skin to retract, but I'm not sure I believe this. I have some serious stretch marks from two pregnancies and from being overweight for so long. I'm still overweight and want to lose another 48 lbs. I'll give it time and see. Good luck everyone!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections as well and definitely have an apron; however, I'm 47 now, but I had great abs for years AFTER the c-sections, so I am sure it can be done. It's just since this last round of weight gain in the last 5 years or so that I got this "thing"! I'm not sure it's not worse after losing 20 lbs, but I think the 30DS is helping and I'm not giving up. I had it once, I can have it again! Good luck to all of you!
  • mummyhardy
    Options
    I have had 6 children, the last 2 by CS, I have also had surgery for an ectopic, and for sterilization, I am over 330lb, I have more than a reasonable sized apron, I often get infections, which become uncomfortable. My worry is that, if I lose the weight, will it make it worse, and hang lower, do the NHS do tummy tucks, I feel reluctant to diet, as I really dont want it getting worse. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    this:
    Perhaps we should just learn to love our overhangs, after all in the past before surgery we might all have died in in childbirth or our children might have died. An overhang is a small price to pay.

Both of my c-sections were pretty risky near-death experiences. While I am not crazy about the "apron" (good term), I figure it's a small price to pay for my health and my two beautiful kids. At any rate, I can already see it has gotten a ton smaller since I started losing weight. Yoga/pilates and other core work really does seem to help as well. I suspect there will always be somewhat of a pooch but I am really OK with that.