Run for your lives!

Has anyone else heard of this 5k zombie infested obstacle course race (gosh,what a mouthful!)? Unfortunately, they are only doing this event in select cities, but most of the races aren't until next year. So, I guess that will give some people time to plan for travel and to train. Luckily, I am near enough to Indianapolis and I think I'm going to do it! Check it out, it looks like fun, especially if you like zombies!
Check out the website: http://runforyourlives.com/

Replies

• aubeelynn
    aubeelynn Posts: 16 Member
    I have heard of it! A friend lives in Philly and participated in the one they have, but I have yet to hear how it went for her.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Yes, I have heard of it. I want to run in it so bad but they are not coming to my area yet. I hope it comes to NJ if not in 2012 in 2013
  • Thanks for the link! I went to the website and saw that there's going to be a Zombie 5K in Austin next December!! I plan to train hard and eat a lot of garlic!!!
  • I was a volunteer zombie in the inaugural RFYL5K in Darlington, MD this past Saturday. It was the most fun I think I've ever had, and what a workout! For 5 hours, I sprinted after runners, lunging for their "brains" (flags). I'm sore in muscles I didn't even know I had.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    It'll be near where I live (San Diego/LA) next year. I always wanted to be able to run a 5K, perhaps this will be my first one (unless I get motivated to do another one first!)