goal: lose .5 instead of 1?

Options
I was 200 in may, and i have since lost 30lbs bringing me to 170ish. i have hit a very long plateau (month and a half).. right now my goal is set to lose 1 lb a week at 1450 calories, should i change it to lose .5 lbs a week at 1700 calories. I have about 15 lbs left to lose? i am 5'6 and my goal weight is 155. 155 is the highest i can be and still be considered not overweight according to bmi, but i feel that i would be wayyy too thin if i was under 155

Replies

• dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i had to change mine as well. and ive been doing better with a lower goal. it helps to have a little extra room with cals bc (for me) it takes off the stress and lets me focus on my progress, not on if ill be able to get all the food i need without fainting.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you feel is best for a month or two and see if you get the results you want. You can always play with the plan until you find the right balance! :D
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    it might be a good idea to change up your goals, especially since you are so close to where you wanna be. My start weight was also 200, and I really wanna get to 150. I am 5'4" and idk what my BMI should be but thats where im gonna be comfortable with my weight...but I think im going to change my goals when I reach 175 because your body gets used to routine...
  • lukesmama
    lukesmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You might want to change up your exercise routine too b/c your body will get used to doing the same old thing.
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    change up your routine alittle. the body gets used to the exercises and thats one reson why your weight may not be changing