Romance Ideas?

Options

Replies

• shawnsasylum
    Options
    I have sat down with her. She swears nothing else is going on. Just how she is I suppose.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have sat down with her. She swears nothing else is going on. Just how she is I suppose.

Yeah maybe. But a lot of times when something is bugging me and my boyfriend asks i say nothing is wrong. Simply cause i dont wanna talk about it. Could just be me though.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    A great book is "The Five Love Languages". You may not be speaking her main love language.

Either that or she is just exhausted, stressed and/or worried.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    A great book is "The Five Love Languages". You may not be speaking her main love language.

Either that or she is just exhausted, stressed and/or worried.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like the hugs and hand holding idea!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    If you're already putting forth the effort with romantic gestures, doing more or different ones probably won't do the trick. You've got to talk to her and figure out what's going on in her head. Like Carl (above poster) said, sometimes women just want men to read our minds (though not always). Since I've very rarely met a mind reader, you're going to need to talk to her. She sounds like a very lucky lady to have someone who is so caring. :flowerforyou:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Put the kids in boarding school.

Just kiddin'... kind of.

When I was devoid of romantic feelings, it had a lot to do with the fact that I was perpetually resentful toward my partner. He had all kinds of free time while I was stuck making dinner because he couldn't cook. I did much of the cleaning so I wouldn't have to wait days for him to do it. (I'm not big on asking people twice). I took care of the kids most of the time while he could sit and watch guys driving around in a circle repeatedly for hours on end. I felt like a single mother WITH him in the same room. So maybe your situation isn't just like mine, but a lot of the things that upset a woman's ability to be romantic have nothing to do with romance at all. So maybe there's something you're missing in that respect.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    you are doing things right, maybe ask her why she doesn't respond like she use to?

PS-wish my husband did things like this, even if it was only once or twice a year. he only does it on holidays that require him to, lol
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Complete guess here, but if you're losing weight and she's not, she might feel really self conscious. She may not feel she's sexy, and so yes she appreciates what you're doing, but it's not really helping her to feel good about herself, because she doesn't believe you.

No matter how many people tell you, you look great, or I want you, if the little voice in your head is screaming that they're lying, you won't believe them. You'll smile nod and move on, still feeling crappy about yourself.

If this is the case, then I'm hoping someone else has the answers, cause nothing's worked for me so far.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Do the dishes and really clean the house. No, really clean it, like she likes it cleaned.

This is a smart, smart man. Also? Sometimes the most romantic thing you can do is give her some time to herself. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. If she is an introvert (like me) and NEVER gets a moment alone, she never has time to recharge. I don't mean, send her off and have her come back to twice the mess she left either!

Either way, best of luck to you.
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice here.

Your wife is 33; is she on birth control pills? When I was on the ($^*%*&^$#) pill, I would pretty much rather read a book.

Also, this may sound nuts, but some guys lose weight and lay on the romance at home when they are having an affair... She may be harboring a wrong impression, something to check on.
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    honestly, i would like a movie, dinner, and a night of killing eachother in video games
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    well the only thing that you can do is to keep trying...there probably is something wrong but until she is ready to talk about it there isn't much you can do. how long have you been married?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Oh baby, I wanna scrub your crockpot.

thats the sexiest thing Ive ever heard.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for all the people that are answering your question seriously when you have been sending pm's and FR to women all night telling them they're hot and that you want to sext them.

Maybe your wife knows what a dog you are and has herself a real man on the side and that's why she doesn't pay attention to you?
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You should show up to her place of business in a trench coat with nothing else on. Just parade yourself in front of the windows - she'll very proudly announce that you are hers and you can have your way with her... but if she yells REMIX - just back away.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Oh baby, I wanna scrub your crockpot.

thats the sexiest thing Ive ever heard.
    I actually came home Tuesday to Jay scrubbing my kitchen flopr, Julie! After, I picked my jaw up, I declared my undying love... and did him.Itworks!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for all the people that are answering your question seriously when you have been sending pm's and FR to women all night telling them they're hot and that you want to sext them.

Maybe you wife knows what a dog you are and has herself a real man on the side and that's why she doesn't pay attention to you?

Best thing I've ever seen on MFP.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Maybe you wife knows what a dog you are and has herself a real man on the side and that's why she doesn't pay attention to you?

Pretty sure I just snorted/laughed so hard I busted a stitch.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Rather than spend so much time on here and sending FR to all the women that reply, maybe you should buck up and be a better man. It can't be all her fault.....