30 day shred

josephine101570
josephine101570 Posts: 6
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok so after hearing all these great results I finally ordered 30 day shed. just wondering how heavy should I use for weights? and does anyone have any advise or before after pix to show me ? also should I be doing some other form of exercise besides this 20 minute dvd, I find it amazing how you get results after only 20 minutes a day . Thanks for any advise

Replies

• aqua_zumba_fan
    aqua_zumba_fan Posts: 383 Member
    Hi. I'm on level 3 of 30 day shred and have been doing it with a group on here. I use very light weights - less than 5lb but they don't actually say on them what they are! I used 5lb weights for some of level 1 but I think just see how it feels for you. I would say that no one I've seen talking about this has lost anywhere near the 20lb mentioned on the DVD but people do tend to see a change in their measurements - search on here for 30 day shred and you'll find lots of people talking about it and before and after pics. I probably haven't been as good as I could be with food and therefore haven't noticed much change despite doing other exercise as well as this. Good luck :) Worth a try!
  • NoDairy
    NoDairy Posts: 88
    I used 3# weights the first 60 days and toned my arms so nicely. I was a begginer at weights so i couldnt do more, now i can use 5# or 8# depending on move. Level 2 is the best and i stayed for 30 days.
    I included running also.

Good luck and dont quit!
  • I am on day 2 of 30DS, I am using 3 lb weights, and I can feel it, I love Jillian :love: and hate her :sad: all at the same time, I took before pics and did my measurements and I will post them in 28 more days :happy:
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    I am going on to level 2 tomorrow and I use 6.6# weights,but I wish I had 3lb weights sometimes,cause my arms be so tired...but you will love ur results...I am seeing amazing results already...good luck
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 499 Member
    I say start with light weights that you can perform the exercises with good form. When it gets easy and you feel like the weights aren't there bump it up to a heavier weight. I did the 30 day shred a few months ago...I lost about 7 pounds and quite a bit of inches over my entire body. If you haven't done her 6 week 6 pack it is a good one to add with the 30 day shred. I am FAR from a 6 pack but it is making my belly flatter . I stopped doing it for about a month while I did a different dvd. Went back to 6 wk 6 pack last week and was surprised at how easy some of the moves were for me now. I may not have a 6 pack but I for sure am getting stronger abs!!! I LOVE Jillian's dvds!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    I say start with light weights that you can perform the exercises with good form. When it gets easy and you feel like the weights aren't there bump it up to a heavier weight. I did the 30 day shred a few months ago...I lost about 7 pounds and quite a bit of inches over my entire body. If you haven't done her 6 week 6 pack it is a good one to add with the 30 day shred. I am FAR from a 6 pack but it is making my belly flatter . I stopped doing it for about a month while I did a different dvd. Went back to 6 wk 6 pack last week and was surprised at how easy some of the moves were for me now. I may not have a 6 pack but I for sure am getting stronger abs!!! I LOVE Jillian's dvds!

I did 30ds from beg of Aug till middle of Sept 2011 and lost 6lbs and a TON of inches! i used 3lb weights for the entire 35days.. im now on my 2nd round(level 1) and using 5lbs and also doing 6wk6pk along with 30ds..and oh man is level 2 of 6wk6pk a KILLER!! by the time im done i have sweat running down my face and in places i never knew could sweat LOL
This discussion has been closed.