alcohol

I was just wondering how everyone manages booze on a diet? I do enjoy a glass of wine or 2 but realize its massive in calories. anyone any good tips?

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Exercise more on the days you want a couple of drinks. I just went on a bike ride so I can have some drinks with dinner tonight. It's all about planning!
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    I drink vodka lime and soda, 76 calories a glass and tastes lovely too!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    I was just wondering how everyone manages booze on a diet? I do enjoy a glass of wine or 2 but realize its massive in calories. anyone any good tips?

God bless anyone who can have one glass of wine & the extra calories to do it!! I can NEVER do it!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    It's all about portion control and that includes alcohol. If I have enough calories for a glass I drink it! ;)
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    I lost 40 pounds by keeping booze (mostly wine) in my diet. I enjoy a glass of wine several times a week, sometimes 2.

White is less calories than red. Get used to pouring smaller glasses and savoring it a bit.

have fun!!
  • Well, it put me over yesterday,......I think I'll have to plan better in the future and work out extra hard,.....or skip it
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    althought it's not quite as good, I water my wine down a bit so that in my mind it lasts longer.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Exercise is the way I maintain those extra calories from alcohol.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Exercise is the way I maintain those extra calories from alcohol.

This. *hic*
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Vodka is a decent alternative. I'd also suggest an extra 30 minutes of cardio to earn some extra booze calories.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Vodka and something like a Hansen's soda is what I like. Be careful, I think there are metabolic consequences that need to be considered as well.
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    stay clear of Baileys, I got a tiny sample of the new biscotti flavour. Almost 170 cals :-0
  • sindy5
    sindy5 Posts: 6
    thanks for all your replys. i will def think about switching to vodka and exercising before hand. x
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Wine is about 25 calories per ounce, so the standard glass of wine should be 100-125 calories. If I want wine that evening, I work it in place of a snack. I also try to stick to that amount in each glass by using the smaller glasses instead of the large "fishbowls" that I might be tempted to add additional wine to.

My problem with alcohol is that after a glass of wine or beer, I get the munchies...and I think the munchie attack does far more damage to my weight loss than the alcohol itself does :( So I try to be very strict about what I am eating when I am having wine.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Wine is about 25 calories per ounce, so the standard glass of wine should be 100-125 calories. If I want wine that evening, I work it in place of a snack. I also try to stick to that amount in each glass by using the smaller glasses instead of the large "fishbowls" that I might be tempted to add additional wine to.

My problem with alcohol is that after a glass of wine or beer, I get the munchies...and I think the munchie attack does far more damage to my weight loss than the alcohol itself does :( So I try to be very strict about what I am eating when I am having wine.

I guess the munchies comes from the sugar? IDK. I enjoy wine on occasion when I have the cals left over. When I want anything else (rum and juice is my favorite) I just acknowledge that I am going to go over on calories that day...so I don't do it often at all (once a month, maybe) and I add in an extra cardio workout that week to help out.
  • My problem with alcohol is that after a glass of wine or beer, I get the munchies...and I think the munchie attack does far more damage to my weight loss than the alcohol itself does :( So I try to be very strict about what I am eating when I am having wine.
    [/quote]

Perigune, That is the big risk for me too, And after a few, the will power is gone like the wine !!