Large Breast and Sport Bra!!

Options

Replies

• Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't that large (38D), but I wear 2 bras when I workout: 1 regular sports bra and a tank top with a built-in shelf bra.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It may take some experimenting to find what works for you. I bought two sports bras at Lane Bryant that have cups instead of just mushing the girls flat to the rib cage. Then I went to Academy Sports and found a really good standard sports bra and bought it in a size smaller than would be my regular size (instead of 40", I bought a 38") That way, I can still breath, but the "girls" are tucked in snug as a bug. They're still going to bounce a little, but not like when I'm just wearing one standard sports bra. Incidentally, my regular bra size is 38DDD or 40DD, depending on how the bra is made. I usually get my best bras from Lane Bryant.

P.S. I wear one of the Lane Bryant sports bras under the standard sports bra.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I "double bag" them... hahaha. Just regular old walmart sports bras...
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Enell. This is only bra that really works for me. I can only afford one, but one is all I need. I wear a 38H at this point and this bra does the job. Every time I exercise I give thanks to God and Title Nine clothing for introducing me. I DO NOT MOVE. I can JUMP and I do not move. The girls and I will be devoted to this bra forevermore. Good luck on finding the right one for you.

Agree x1000. I wear a 42F right now, and without that Enell bra, I couldn't jog without serious pain, or an eye injury. NOTHING MOVES in this bra. Tons of back support, and seriously, nothing moves! Well worth the money. Yes, one is all you need, just take good care of it.

Just google enell bra.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a 46DDD -- now I'm a 42D since I've lost 100+ pounds.... BUT I still stick with my regular balconette bra (from lane bryant) - and then i wear a sports bra (danskin now or champion) on top of that. worked great for me then, still works now. :)

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 198.4 (105lbs down)
    gw 160
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I wear a 48 H/I and what I do, because I can't afford to buy an $80 sports bra, I wear a regular minimizer, and then I take a control tank that I got at Target for like 10 bucks and suck these babies in. It gives me uniboob but I really don't care when I'm working out!
  • erincastle
    Options
    No way is Athleta going to help you once you get past the 'D"s ... I love their clothes & have had a million tops sent to me for yoga workouts but Have had to send everything back :(
    Im a 34 H
    I am a huge fan of bravissimo (previously mentioned) for most things but haven't quite found the workout bra yet from them but one is in the mail for me now- hoping for better luck.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bump to find later
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had a difficult time finding a sports bra that would give me the support I needed as well. I actually had to wear a regular bra WITH a sports bra just to keep from hurting them when I ran or did jumping jacks (TMI? SORRY! lol).. I was at Footlocker looking for some new running shoes when I came across this bra. Honestly, i won't lie, it's kind of hard to get on (maybe i bought a size too small, i'm not sure) BUT once it is on, it REALLY supports me very well. It doesn't hurt to wear it, or make me uncomfortable, so I don't think its too small. It is kind of thick, not a flimsy bra at all. Ive attached the link for you. I hope that it helps. Seriously, even though it's like $30 per bra, you won't regret it. I really do love mine.

http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:136924/sku:75833010/nike-pro-core-bra-womens/all-black/black/?cm=TnDdWomensBras#sku=75833417
  • g_jelly
    g_jelly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not that big anymore but I was a 14DD

I used/use Lorna Jane crop tops.

Expensive but worth it

I'm a 12E (Australia, not sure what this converts to) and just brought 2 crops from Lorna Jane as i've heard they are really good. But tried one out yesterday and I get the uniboob, so will have to keep with one underwire sports bra with a crop on top.
  • FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    Bump For Later i am a 44DD
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly huge (32D or 30DD usually), but I also absolutely swear by anything Freya - seriously, you will not move an inch. Bravissimo also have a great range in general - not sure what their international shipping is like, but they're generally pretty failsafe as far as selection and quality are concerned:

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/#/1?show=16&sort=1
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    There is a British company called Bravissimo, and they do ship internationally. They go from D-KK.

Their philosophy "Bravissimo is a company that provides a wide choice of lingerie and swimwear in D-KK cup, as well as clothing designed especially for big boobed women so that they can celebrate their curves and feel good about themselves!"
  • NikIsSkinny
    NikIsSkinny Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump
  • dajackson81
    dajackson81 Posts: 21
    Options
    36L here, unfortunately unable to find any so running for me is out! I buy the Goddess brand on Amazon BTW
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Calling all Large Breast women DDD and more... What type of sport bra do u have?

Im a 38 G/H and I brought my sport bra from JustMySize.com but now feel its lacking support. I assume I'm need to wear two but thought I would first ask the question.

Wow, now I feel extra small. :) I'm a 42 DDD
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Damn and I thought I had big boobs...y'all make me feel flat chested...well I want to know a good sports bra for 40DD...

Ahh she silly though!:tongue:
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    I need help as well finding one thats a 40JJ. I gave up but if yall have any suggestions I sure would appreciate it!

Have u looked into shock absorbers bby

Which Shock Absorber bra do you all feel is best? I'm 40DD
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Calling all Large Breast women DDD and more... What type of sport bra do u have?

Im a 38 G/H and I brought my sport bra from JustMySize.com but now feel its lacking support. I assume I'm need to wear two but thought I would first ask the question.

Thank you Misspositiveme's for creating this post. It has always been such a issue with me to go "Bra" shopping.
    I now dread it, even if it is shopping!!
    I once use to love to shop for lingerie and bras, when I was a 38DDD.
    When I needed or wanted to treat myself to something I would go shopping for bras or lingerie. I once loved how it made me feel SEXY and beautiful! :heart:

I just noticed last night that I must be making some changes because my skin is showin some ripples on the boobs... is this going to be stretch marks! I know that I will drop alot in size with the weight coming off! I am curious how much the girls weigh themselves...it's gotta be at least 20-30 lbs by themselves. HA! HA!

I too am a 38 G/H bra size. I think I need to get measured again though.

I purchased the one I have now 40H from Lane Bryant. I needed a bra that I could wear with my wedding dress, so it needed to be white. I had bought one band size larger because it was difficult to put on. So I think it's that I need a larger cup size at my current weight. A larger band size was too loose for me, so the sales gal suggested the 40H. I am not happy with it though it has stretched out so much I do not like to wear it anymore. The girls are saggin' in the bra! ugh! :tongue: I have only hand washed it, too!

When I was a 38DDD I purchased my bras from "Frederic's of Hollywood" when they did not have a 38DDD. I found that the 38-40F fit well and it made the girls..."stand to attention!" :laugh:
    There is something about the structure of their bras that make them "perky" and "stand to attention"! That's what kind of bra I am talkin about!!! :happy:
    I wish that Frederick's of Hollywood would make some larger sizes. I just love their bras and lingerie. I guess that I will have to just loose this weight so I can go shopping back there again! Oh...to being a happy bra customer with Frederick's of Hollywood.!
    When I lived in Denver, CO the manager at the store had asked me to become one of their models. I was not interested at that time to invest more of my time than what I already had on my plate with my career and being a single mother.

Cannot wait to see what my end results of the girls will be when I achieved my weight loss goal. :wink:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread, thank you! I'm a 34D and even tho I'm not exactly 'huge', I still have trouble with sports bras and finding good support.