Damn you, MFP!

Options

Replies

• kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    get a leather punh.... or use a nail and hammer.. and make a new hole.
  • jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Lol! Just use a rope like Ellie Mae Clampet wore..lol! Congrats!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Just get a new belt. I have a coworker who did the whole hole thing and now that he's gained back 130 of the 100lbs he lost (yes he gained more back), he's showing everyone his past progress on the belt. We need no excuses to be able to easily go back to where we've come from.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    What a great problem to have! Congratulations!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I could always wear a belt basically until it wore out. Then, after a few months of MFP, I had to toss my (perfectly good) belt onto the "donation" pile and buy a new belt. Now, a few months later, that belt is down to the smallest notch, and I'll probably have to buy ANOTHER new belt in a few weeks!

Hey, I ain't made of money, you know! ;-)

SWEET! I know what you mean. I just donated 3 coats, and then had to buy one, I've been cold>>>BUT HAPPY!
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The great thing about making more holes in an existing belt is that it's a great visual reminder of your progress. I'm seeing how far around me I can get my belt - 5 extra holes so far.

Aren't you afraid you're going to "lap" yourself and have the belt go around you twice?

What a statement that would be to those who may not understand what a little (or alot) of determination will get you....CONGRATS on your success
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    i don't like belts, imagine what I've put out for new pants!!!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great Problem! But don't throw in the donation pile - keep it as a reminder of where you've been and where you'll never go back to. When you reach your goal weight you can frame all the belts you've gone through!
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Instead of buying a new belt, perhaps a nail and hammer or a leather punch would be a better investment! And just think your blessing yourself by getting healthier and blessing someone else with your old belt and providing someone with a job!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Get a knife and poke some new holes...

My belts look all kinds of cheap because I did this. I now wear the kind that don't use notches...
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Swan lake is just a few miles from me!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'm working hard to have your problem! :grumble: I will get there!
    Congrats on an awesome nsv!:drinker:
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yea for a new belt! BTW Leather/shoe repair shops have tools to cut neat new holes in the belt for you :smile: I will need to take the belt I bought 3 weeks ago soon as I've only one hole left!
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My brother uses shoe laces haha
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Check out thrift stores. Buy several in various sizes. They're usually cheap and you can always donate them back as you shrink.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome NSV!! Keep up the good work!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a good problem to have. My husband buys braided belts. No notches gives you more room for tightening up easily!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes, I totally agree, d**n you MFP!!!

Because of MFP I'm going to have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe soon!

Have fun belt shopping, great job!
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    get a leather punch.... and make a new hole.

Oh my, Id have thought that was obvious...
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a good problem to have. My husband buys braided belts. No notches gives you more room for tightening up easily!

Yes, sorry for your (fantastic) problem to have! It's bittersweet... I was just saying this the other day....this losing weight thing is great but... I'm going to go broke buying new clothes - oh well, I'd rather have it this way (them being smaller!!)... hehe

Good luck - I think the idea above is great - I just found one for myself! Awesome NSV!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!