Tailbone pain

I broke my tailbone about 4 1/2 years ago. It didn't bother me for the last two years, but now that I am losing weight, the "padding" is disappearing (for which I am grateful!) and my bum hurts when sitting now. Even on a comfy couch! Any body have any advice or have the same problem? I guess I'll just have to get fat again. :noway:

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I broke my tailbone about 4 1/2 years ago. It didn't bother me for the last two years, but now that I am losing weight, the "padding" is disappearing (for which I am grateful!) and my bum hurts when sitting now. Even on a comfy couch! Any body have any advice or have the same problem? I guess I'll just have to get fat again. :noway:
  • Don't go and do that: Try a chiropractor it seemed to help me when I had my problem with my tailbone!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    NO!!!! :laugh: RK is right!
    first thing I would do is go see you doc. Make sure that you did not hurt it at play...I mean when working out. :happy:
    It sounds more like a spur... This sometimes happens after a break when extra calcium adds itself to the broken area. Might be as tiny as a pin hear but it will still be enough to send pain through your whole body.
    Other then that, you might need a doghnut seat for a bit until it feels better to get the presure off that area. :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    OR JUST STAND! :wink:
    Hey standing burns 2 times more calories then sitting!
    Burn baby BURN!!! :laugh: :wink:
    --Diann...
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Hi Mechanicmom...sorry to hear you are uncomfortable...you probably should check with the Dr...it might be some calcification type thing they can help you with...I think I've read some of your posts and you do work out to build muscle so you're on the right track...hope it heals up for you soon...in the meantime, baby yourself...when you have to sit, try sitting more on one cheek than the other and cross the opposing leg over so no pressure on the tailbone...laydown instead of sitting when you can...will pray for you to heal.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • Shelly
    Shelly Posts: 12
    :smile: I hurt my back this last spring falling on some ice, and was out of commission for almost 8 months, I am just now starting to feel better. When you hurt just take it easy, I joined an aroebics class to hopefully strengthen those back muscles. I use heat when I am really in pain...but some prefer ice/heat alternating......good luck to you !!!!!!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Thanks for all your help! :flowerforyou:
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Def. talk to your dr. I sometimes mess up my tailbone (from doing crunches wrong)... and it KILLS for days... look into some back or seat cushions that can help take the pressure off and alliviate the pain.