Special K meal bars?

Options
I haven't tried them but I'm looking to try some more to have more variety from the slim-fast/luna bars. I am going to pick some up this week, but not sure what flavors are good. So which are your favorites? Also have you lost weight replacing meals with them?

Also note I did not ask your opinion on my choice of food and don't need a lecture or derogatory comments like "well if you're lazy...or I prefer real food" ect, if you would like to come buy my food and be my live-in chef, be my guest.

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate peanut butter ones... They have lots of protein which is very nice!
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    Hey, I have tried the special K meal bars, special K cereal, and the cereal snack bars. They are honestly all amazing in taste, and they definitely work. If you are up to it, the special K challenge is awesome and works. If you want to try the cereals you most definitely have to try the Chocolatey delight (best cereal ever). Well I know you asked about the meal bars, but hope this helped lol. They definitely are very good in the weight loss category.

~Miguel
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i tried one of the pink ones at a thruway rest stop because all the "real food" places were closed and i guess it was better than eating a candy bar, but i couldn't see myself eating them on a regular basis. i think it was strawberry flavored? not sure. it was really sweet and made my teeth feel nasty, but it kept me full for the rest of the night, so i guess it worked as a meal replacement.
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like the strawberry. Great for a quick snack and less than a 100 calories.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the meal bars often but I like the Chocolate peanutbutter. I love the snack bars. Chocolatey drizzle is perfect for my cravings and so is the chocolate pretzel (love that sweet/salty things and Honey Nut if my recent favorite. The Raspberry cheesecake is pretty good too and I don't feel guilty since it's only 90 calories.
  • idshields24
    Options
    LOL you little side note is funny to me but I completely understand. I like those bars and the protein shakes are really good also. The flavors I like is strawberry, honey nut and vanilla crisp. I tried some peach flavored one and wasn't a fan. If you venture out and try the protein shakes I like the chocolate and french vanilla. The trick for me is to freeze them a little before I drink it and it reminds me of a milk shake.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter all the way! They're so tasty. I always keep them on hand! Add a banana and it's a pretty quality meal on the go.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Also note I did not ask your opinion on my choice of food and don't need a lecture or derogatory comments like "well if you're lazy...or I prefer real food" ect, if you would like to come buy my food and be my live-in chef, be my guest.

I love this part :D

I had the strawberry one once. It was yummy :]

have you tried cliff bars? Those are a good meal replacement and very yummy!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yup! I love the Special K Meal bars.. but I don't eat it often too... I like the strawberry and the blueberry one. :)
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the exercise calories either. I tired doing that and I did not loose weight. Now that I don't do it, I have lost 12 pounds.
  • cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    Have you checked what sort of protein shakes you can get from Health Food Store or Drug Store.
    I find they generally have better quality, nutrient rich options.
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to those bars..i always eat one in the mornings on the way to the gym. the chocolate peanut butter is awesome and the double chocolate (i think that is the name). my friend loves the strawberry ones but i'm not a fan of strawberry so i've never tried them. i buy them by the dozen to last me and my son about a week. he plays soccer so they tame his hunger after school when he has practice til around 7pm in the evening.

I understand you other comment completely. LOL
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    double chocolate...i eat 2 or 3 at a moment but that's cause im trying to gain weight
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Special K anything tastes awesome but they have a lot of sugar in them. Try CLIF bars. They are great and made from all natural ingredients. They also give you energy. Enjoy!
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I also really like the double-chocolate! Aldi's sells a generic equivalent (Fit & Active brand), too!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    double chocolate is my go-to

peanut butter chocolate next on the list

the chocolatey chip is rather alright. I'd take a fiber one oats & chocolate over the chocolatey chip, though.

I have not tried the strawberry because while I love real, raw strawberries, strawberry FLAVORED things are incredibly gross to me!

I have not had a meal bar in a few days. Trying to save money! :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions. It seems my power has gone out so it seems I will be having a meal bar for dinner.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the exercise calories either. I tired doing that and I did not loose weight. Now that I don't do it, I have lost 12 pounds.

Thats interesting, when I didn't eat them back I felt terrible and didn't lose weight. I eat some of them back and feel better and can lose now.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Special K anything tastes awesome but they have a lot of sugar in them. Try CLIF bars. They are great and made from all natural ingredients. They also give you energy. Enjoy!
    My thought exactly on the sugar.
    Read the nutrition labels and choose ones with lower carb/glucides and sugar content. They're all tasty though.