chest pain/burning??

Options
I got a new treadmill and first used it yesterday. I did 1 mile on an incline, walking mostly but I was breathing so heavy. took me 19 min to finish the mile and afterwards I was having really bad chest burning. I drank water, was trying to breathe in and out slowly. well today my chest is still burning. no exercise today but if I get up and walk around and do stuff it hurts. I gave the kids a bath, it hurt. I did house chores and it hurt. only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm sitting still even though I can still feel a little pressure. I'm making a dr appt tomorrow if I still feel it in the morning. but has anyone else had this? I've ran outside for 45 minutes and never felt like this. I can do exercise videos for an hour and not breathe that heavy. find it odd. I want to work out tomorrow but don't know if I should... *sigh*

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you damaged your diaphram? Definitely see the Doc!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • kissiefish
    Options
    glad you are going to the doc. It sounds like pluersy or something asthma-ish! hoping you feel better fast!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't do anything strenuous until after your doctor okays it. That doesn't sound good or normal! Don't worry too much though, I hope you feel better and everything is okay! <3
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Glad you made a dr. appt. If it's nothing, then you know, but if it's something, then you are catching it early. Keep up informed (if you want). I am praying for you.
  • gwlamb1957
    Options
    I was having chest Burning when I walked steps or did anything that made me breath harder than normal and mentioned it to my Cardiologist and he scheduled a Cardiac cath and I had a narrowing of a cardiac artorery. I had a stent put in and that took care of it. Don't play around with this, see your doctor, don't work out until you do!!! Your Kids need their mommy.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My thought is better safe than sorry! DEFINITELY see your doctor tomorrow REGARDLESS of continued burning or NOT! Even if it turns out to be "nothing" it is good to know that, too!

Best of luck to you!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    any chest related pain due to exercise should be taken to a doctor...i hope you go see one :-)
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Ummmm... chest pain?? It's mostly likely a strained muscle, but screw waiting for the doctor tomorrow... get to the ER tonight. If it's something major, every minute counts.
  • juliasnewlife
    juliasnewlife Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Concerned. Praying for ya!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wait, I'd go to ER. Better safe than sorry. Not worth it to take chances. Good luck hope all turns out well.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This and do it now! I doubt it is a heart attack but what if it is? You can not stop a heart attack. It takes medication injections to stop a heart attack. I know - I have had a heart attack.