Zumba for the Wii

Options
2»

Replies

• musicaljessica
    Options
    Its amazing!!! Get it, seriously.

Its best when you're on ur own. Its fun and a great work. I move all the furniture when everyone is out and dance round my living room. Its great :)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba for the wii, my only complaint is I can't get on it often enough. I love it, one tip tho....shut your curtains if you're doing it in the front room, unless you like the idea of your neighbours watching you shake your booty, haha!!
  • musicaljessica
    Options
    I have the zumba for the wii, my only complaint is I can't get on it often enough. I love it, one tip tho....shut your curtains if you're doing it in the front room, unless you like the idea of your neighbours watching you shake your booty, haha!!

Hahaha I second this!! I had a little old lady looking in when I was doing it!!! I just smiled and closed the curtains :)
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    can the people that have this game or have tried it tell me what kind of music is played???? I struggle to find a dvd ( of any workout variety) that has music that works well for me.

I still do the dvd but lose interest quickly.

I've tried to over work it with my own music but hasn't worked out for me either.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have done all 3... Wii Zumba, Zumba classes & Zumba Exhilarate DVD

If you're just starting out, then Wii Zumba will be fine - this is what I did for exercise when I first started getting healthy.

By the end of the 2nd month, it was no longer a challenge physically, and I then started taking some Zumba classes. The main difference between the DVD & classes is the tempo/speed - increased heart rate... so you most likely will burn a lot more calories in a class than by using the Wii.

A couple of weeks ago I got the Zumba Exhilarate DVD set....
    I have done 3 of the DVDs out of the set so far - Rush (20 minutes), Activate (40 minutes) and Exhilarate (60 minutes), and I would say that Rush & Exhilarate are just as effective as a live Zumba class.

I burn 215 calories doing the 20 minute class, and 520 calories from the 60 minute class.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I got it when it first came out and it's still in my rotation!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone just a quick question for those who have the 1st zumba wii how do you unlock the other bits do I have to score a certain amount?
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone just a quick question for those who have the 1st zumba wii how do you unlock the other bits do I have to score a certain amount?

Yeah the more you do the more you unlock
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks MrsT99 will have to keep going
  • melbellkid
    Options
    I have done real zumba at our Y for 2 years now and still absolutely love it-I did get it for the wii, but I don't feel like its as fun as doing the class with an instructor that really gets you motivated...plus the dances I know were different on the game and then I was all messed up-lol. Don't worry about being afraid to start at the Y-everyone started not knowing the dances and most are really easy to catch on to-and no one cares if you mess up!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Zumba for the Wii is fine, but I don't burn anywhere near the same calories on the wii as the real class. I reckon it's a good place to start if you're new to exercise (or getting back to it after a substantial break), but for those who are reasonably fit it won't be too much of a challenge.

Zumba DVDs might be a way of getting the same intesity of a class whilst working out at home.