Yogis

Options
Researching yoga studios.... what are the best types of yoga for burning lots of calories? Also, if you practice yoga please add me!

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've been researching also.....I've been told that hatha yoga is best in aiding in weight loss....I'm still a beginner and have only done hatha a couple of times...but I want to get more into it .....so, i'm still looking for more info also!! Add me as a friend if you'd like!!
  • kms450
    kms450 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a yogi! Hot yoga is great for burning, so are hot and just general vinyasa classes. In any case, the amount of work your muscles is doing is fantastic even without the huge cardio kick. I'll add you!
  • JanaH22
    JanaH22 Posts: 10
    Options
    Dont know if you have this back home but i used to do Bikram Yoga. Its amazing!
    Each session goes for around 90 mins in a 38 degree room.
    You just sweat off all the dirty stuff outta ur system and really stretch out ur body.
    Its very tiring and after the 90mins your pretty drained but its well worth it!!
    If you try it, hang in there coz your body looks so much better and you feel better mentally just by doing it.
    If they hadnt closed down near my place and relocated an hour away i wouldnt have quit!!!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I am a 40-something having lost 70lb and have prob 20-40lb to go and NEED to tone up.

I am a bit limber already, but I just want to do it properly.

Hoping to add others and get inspiration (perspiration in the case of Bikram lol).
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I prefer Bikram--it's like doing isometric circuit training in a hot room and it is low impact on the joints. It does burn some calories.