Favorite workout videos?

Options
2»

Replies

• cutie2superhottie
    cutie2superhottie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great work out video keeps me moving " dancing with the stars". It is so much fun if you love to dance.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown workouts. They are done circuit style, and 20 min long. They are all on sale on Exercisetv.com for $1.99 per download. Or you could buy the DVD's from collage.com or totalfitnessdvd.com If you have ExerciseTV OnDemand you could try them out, I think they are still on there this month. Otherwise just watch them online for free right now.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length&page=3
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I use Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Leslie Sansones 4 and 5 miles dvds, Hip Hop Abs and Jillian Michaels. You can check out www.collagevideo.com for more exercise videos..
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone also. I am able to do up to 4 miles. I think The Biggest Loser also has a walking DVD. Like you I'm looking for other alternatives. But Leslie is the gal for me. I have four of her DVD's and just keep swapping them around. Good luck and if you come across something that isn't too hard but effective please let me know. I'm 54 years old and not quite in the best of shape yet. I still have more weight to lose and need to continue to build my stamina. Take good care :flowerforyou: Sue

Re: Walking DVD Leslie Sansone alternatives. This is a popular genre - believe it or not. Here are a few ideas.

Debra Mazda - Shapely Girl (3 videos)
    Petra Kolber/George Foreman - Walk it Off with George (5? videos). Petra cues this (not George .... thank goodness)
    Ellen Barrett - Prevention "Belly" - 2 videos & 1 Weight Watchers DVD
    Kim Lyons (Biggest Loser fame) - Jenny Craig (2 videos). Beautiful outdoor setting.
    Chris Freytag - Prevention (2) 2 Week Turnaround, Walk Yourself Fit. She has 2 Exercise TV videos that are walking/strength training (challenging)
    Biggest Loser Power Walk (the music is horrible .... sorry) but this is challenging .... I use my own music

Various others: Kathy Smith (3), Denise Austin (1) Madeline Lewis (1DVD. a couple titles ..... but same workout)

I too really like Leslie Sansone ... but sometimes I need a break
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Thanks! These are sounding good so far!
    What kind of exercise category do they fall under? I'm never sure what to put.
    For My Leslie Sansone Walk at Home video, I've been entering in "aerobics, general".
    Are all these kind of cardio workouts considered that as well?
    I know videos are all different, I have a hard time thinking they all burn the same amount of calories (during the same amount of time).
    It depends on what you do. If you do something that has both strength and cardio in the same workout, it's circuit training (generally speaking). If you do Turbo Jam, most people log it under kick boxing. If you go for a walk, obviously log it as a walk (same for running and riding a bike). The best way to do it, though, is to get a heart rate monitor (they can be inexpensive) and create your own category..that's what I do. It's the most accurate.

I've seen heart rate monitors mentioned a lot here. I just looked some up on Amazon, I was expecting them to be really expensive but I see one for just $40, that's not too bad. How exactly do they work? They tell you how many calories you actually burned? How do you know which ones are good and which ones aren't?
    If you buy on Amazon, read the reviews to get an idea of which are good and which aren't. Generally the ones with a chest strap are more accurate. The ones that don't have a strap work by you just pushing a button and it reads your heart rate. They do tell you how many calories you burn. They're a great investment.