**CLOSED** New Year, New You Challenge: Week 3

Options
2»

Replies

• RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to the challenge and looking forward to working hard and meeting my goals. I'm looking to help support you in your goals and would love to add new friends so if you are looking for some extra support please feel free to add me. Best of luck and thank you so much for letting me join in on the challenge late. :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    The important thing to remember everyone is that this is a long challenge. We still have 10 1/2 weeks left. We aren't doing this over night. This challenge is getting us through the holidays.

We will ALL see up and downs. Some bigger than others. The key is to get back on track and keep working at it. We didn't get to a point where we needed to fight so hard over night.

The holidays pose challenges for all of us. Candy, family get togethers, baking...you name it...the temptation will be there. And we have a humongous group here to get us through it!!!

Let's remember that each Monday is a new week. We step on the scale and weigh ourselves...and then we start a new week. WE'VE GOT THIS!

We are going to rock this challenge. I am confident that I can do this thanks to each and every one of you!!!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Not good week for me!! :-(
    I gain 0.4 pounds.
    I kept my eating calories under and went to gym three times. One night we were invited to a friends house, where I went after job without having dinner or evening snack and ate pizza. But I still kept the calories until the maintaining border.
    And my endocrinologist still doesn't believe that I am on diet soooo many months and I've lost only 9 pounds....

Are you watching your sugar, fat, carbs and calories? Most people don't like to monitor their sugar, but it is so important! Also, don't eat after 7 pm. That was the hardest thing for me to get used to.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Not good week for me!! :-(
    I gain 0.4 pounds.
    I kept my eating calories under and went to gym three times. One night we were invited to a friends house, where I went after job without having dinner or evening snack and ate pizza. But I still kept the calories until the maintaining border.
    And my endocrinologist still doesn't believe that I am on diet soooo many months and I've lost only 9 pounds....

Are you watching your sugar, fat, carbs and calories? Most people don't like to monitor their sugar, but it is so important! Also, don't eat after 7 pm. That was the hardest thing for me to get used to.

No, I don't eat much sugar either fat! I watch carbs too . The main problem is that I eat most of my calories after 7 pm! But I don't think this is a problem because I go to gym late (about 8-11pm) and I sleep about 3 am!!!
    I feel that I'm on a forever plateau!
  • dmplz123
    dmplz123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well this week went nothing as planned. I got almost no appointed exercise in. My steps per day were totally inconsistent...970 one day, 11784 on another. I realized by midweek i was guessing portions again (bad habit) which we all know where tbat goes, lol. I gIned for sure, but I have learned this week to stay the course and keep an open eye to my old habits. I think I am going to join the new step challenge as well to get that consistency under wraps.
    Hope you guys had a great week & here's to kicking booty next week!!

P.s. personal challenge for this week....measure,measure,measure for portion control
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me join late I'll have some catching up to do on the miles