Does everyone exercise?

Options
Is everyone on here exervising? Are some of you just eating healthier and lower calorie foods and still seeing the results?

Replies

• PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Everyone here should be exercising or I will be kicking their *kitten*!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    exercise is so important! I didn't exercise for the longest time and I've been doing it now, so much better results! I know its hard to get into it but you can do it x
  • tdiemert
    Options
    Yes. I am exercising along with eating healthier.:tongue:
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I go through phases.
    for the first 60 days of MFP I exercised an hour a day every day and lost a lot.

The next 60 days I exercised 3 times a week for an hour each

Right now I have finished my class I was taking and need something new.

I feel my weight is connected to food more so than exercise, but that's scales.. exercise helps tone and give you a hot body. So I should prob exercise more!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Not me. Not yet. Soon.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My first week on here I just watched my calories and kept them under the amount I was suppose to and lost 4lbs, was so happy! This last week I started exercising thinking that now the weight would come off more quickly and instead I haven't lost anything :sad: I'm starting to get a little discouraged.
  • Prettyasmi
    Options
    Yes!!! I guess everyone is exercising!! I read somewhere today weight loss is 30% exercise and 70% of food. I donot want to waste that 30%.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just don't have much time so Im wanting to know who all has had results and how much. Starting tomorrow I am going to be walking a mile a day and doing 50 sit-ups a day increasing 25 a day after each week.
    But, just want to know other peoples losses with/with out exercise
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes exercise can help you lose weight, but its not the only reason.
    What about general health?

I exercise because now I love it, and soon it will be my career.
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I didn't at first, but now I do most days. The weight comes off more quickly and you lose inches faster with exercise. Plus, you can eat more calories.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Not me. Not yet. Soon.

And you lost 32 pounds, awesome!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Exercise will help you burn calories and build muscle to burn even more calories if done right. It makes weight loss easier and you healthier.
  • almawr
    almawr Posts: 77
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds with out exercising and watching my diet strictly. I then lost another 8 pounds using exercise and im still loosing , working out is important so your skin isnt all flabby :P

Alma
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You should. With my exercise I have lost body fat and built muscle which burns the calories faster. I can have a day or two where I am not quite as careful about my diet, and I don't put on the weight because I am burning so much more!! Exercise is so important for your overall health too!!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Of course you can still lose without exercise, but it's not really the kind of loss I want. I don't want to just get skinny, I want to be toned and look great! :)
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I exercise but only so I can eat more :smile:
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My first week on here I just watched my calories and kept them under the amount I was suppose to and lost 4lbs, was so happy! This last week I started exercising thinking that now the weight would come off more quickly and instead I haven't lost anything :sad: I'm starting to get a little discouraged.

Don't get discouraged...the number on the scale shouldn't be your only measure of success. Have you taken measurements? Exercising will surely help you there more than just cutting calories.

Not to mention - that's just one week.... that's nothing in the big scheme of things. The first week is always going to be your most significant loss, so don't use that as your guideline for the weeks to come. :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Not me. Not yet. Soon.

Actually I lost 68 lbs.

That ticker says 32 "to go". :)
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not me. Not yet. Soon.

Actually I lost 68 lbs.

That ticker says 32 "to go". :)

Can I ask, do you not want to exercise? Or do you have a medical condition stopping you?
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Everyone here should be exercising or I will be kicking their *kitten*!

Love it!