Pizza Hut help!

Options
So today is my FIRSTDAY...am excited to be calorie counting again and very motivated to get losing again. My problem is that as today is the first day of half term I had promised to take the kids to Pizza Hut for lunch. I can't get out of it now :(

Any ideas of the friendliest thing to eat there?

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    why not eat something healthier before you go?
    You don't have to eat at Pizza Hut too.
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    They have unlimted salad on the buffet - just try and avoid the creamy/oily dressings. They have great salad combinations to choose from! Dig in! :-)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You want to stay away from meats usually because they are high in fat. You also want to try to get thin crust instead of Pan. Other then that they do have salads in some places. Also look for the options below to see if they are available in your area.

Pizza Hut 12" Fit 'N Delicious Pizza with Diced Chicken, Red Onion, and Green Pepper

2 slices, 340 calories
    9g fat, 4g saturated fat
    A dietitian's dream: thin crust, lean chicken, and vegetable toppings, plus half the cheese of the regular Thin 'N Crispy Pizza.
    Pizza Hut 12" Veggie Lover's Hand-Tossed Pizza

1 slice, 220 calories
    6g fat, 3g saturated fat
    One slice is sometimes just as satisfying as more, as long as it has a thick crust and a full allotment of cheese. Though not quite as light as the Fit 'N Delicious, the Hut's Hand-Tossed pies are still lower in calories than its deep-dish pan pizzas.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Don't touch their pizza!

Either a salad or just let the kids eat and you eat later/earlier
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Dont eat!
  • txcraftr
    txcraftr Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Look for their menu with calorie counts on line and plan from there.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Here is more info. that may help you make better choices and reduce calories. Have fun with the kiddos!

1 Look for low calorie hints on the menu like "fit," "thin" or "lite." These are all on certain areas of the menu that offer lower calorie options, such as their Fit-n-Delicious Pizzas which range from 150 to 170 calories per slice.

2 Order your pizza with the Thin N' Crispy crust to consume between 20 to 50 calories less per slice compared to the other crusts offered.

3 Request half the cheese on your pizza to cut down the calories without losing a lot of the flavor. Avoid the meat-heavy pizzas as they are loaded with calories and fat. Hitting the top of the list is the Large Pan Crust Meat Lovers Pizza at 530 calories/31 g. fat per slice.

4 Try substituting items to create something just for you. For example, get the Thin n-Crispy crust with no sauce, light cheese and lots of veggies for a low-calorie solution.

Tips & Warnings

Always order the thinnest crust possible and load up on veggies instead of meats for topping.

Order and eat a salad first to fill up faster before you start on the pizza.

Never order extras of high calorie items such as cheese, sausage, bacon, bread or sauces.

Avoid using their dips and use a low-cal favorite you already have at home.

Avoid the personal pan pizzas; it may sound like a better idea because they are pre-portion controlled, but they range from 560 calories for the Veggie Lovers to 890 calories for the Meat Lovers.

Avoid the sides--they are full of calories and fat and there is really no way around it. Two hot wings (120 cal.) and dipping sauce (220 cal.) and a breadstick (150 cal.) adds up to 3 1/2 slices of the Fit n' Delicious Pizza.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you are in the uk, they now have all calories on their menu, and they have special pizzas which are 500 cals all in, look on the website, it's all on there now. :)
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Start tomorrow, enjoy today.
  • sallyjh0
    Options
    OMG I don't think not eating is really an option. We so rarely go out for lunch and the kids would be upset if I didn't eat too. I think I will hit the salad bar big time and possible just have one slice of the kids pizza.

I haven't had any breakfast so I can add those calories to my lunch ones to help a bit.

I may do an extra workout tonight to make up for it.

Does that sound good?
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you are in the uk, they now have all calories on their menu, and they have special pizzas which are 500 cals all in, look on the website, it's all on there now. :)

Agreed.
    That sounds a lot better than no breakfast , one slice and a salad, plus a workout.
    Fuel your body.
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    See if the buffet is on and you can help yourself to plenty of salad and enjoy 1 or 2 slices of pizza without worrying about going over. If you're stuck about Pizza Hut nutrition I think there's a link on the internet somewhere if you want to plan out what you want to eat before you eat.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast does not sound good and stop nicking your kids food!
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I normally have the lunchtime buffet, and will have one slice of cheese&tomato pizza (italian base) to satisfy my cravings, and will then fill the rest of my plate with salad. Be careful though as some of the "salad" items are calorie loaded! I have lots of tomatoes and lettuce, and maybe a spoon of pasta as well depending on what type they have.

Just make sure you have a nice healthy dinner and you should be fine.
  • sallyjh0
    Options
    lol @ the nicking kids food comment

Will have a look online now, thanks.....you're all helping me loads :)
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The thin crust has less calories.. Also get a diet soda or water for a drink.

I will admit, I eat pizza a lot. However, I still keep track of my calories (I hardly ever go over) and I am still losing weight!
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Eat thin crust fit and delicious. Go hard on the salad with vinegerette dressings.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    OH DRINK WATER ADD LEMON.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    If going out for lunch as a family is a rare treat then why not take them to a healthier restaurant where you can all enjoy a proper meal without worrying?

Pizza Hut is fast food at a table, essentially.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG I don't think not eating is really an option. We so rarely go out for lunch and the kids would be upset if I didn't eat too. I think I will hit the salad bar big time and possible just have one slice of the kids pizza.

I haven't had any breakfast so I can add those calories to my lunch ones to help a bit.

I may do an extra workout tonight to make up for it.

Does that sound good?

Do the best you can Enjoy the time with your kids. Tomorrow is another day!