New to this site

Options
My name is Annmarie and I have been logging into this site for 10 days ... mostly just to track my daily calories. I am 56 and a RN. I always tell people I weighed 14 pounds when I was born and it has been all uphill since then. Yes, I know as a nurse I should know all about nutrition and the dangers of obesity ... well knowing and living are two very different things. I want to lose 160 pounds... and I know it is a pound at a time. :>) Basically I have a rewarding and satisfying life in all areas except for my weight. So this begins a new path for me a day at a time.

Replies

• anulife4mee
    Options
    My name is Annmarie and I have been logging into this site for 10 days ... mostly just to track my daily calories. I am 56 and a RN. I always tell people I weighed 14 pounds when I was born and it has been all uphill since then. Yes, I know as a nurse I should know all about nutrition and the dangers of obesity ... well knowing and living are two very different things. I want to lose 160 pounds... and I know it is a pound at a time. :>) Basically I have a rewarding and satisfying life in all areas except for my weight. So this begins a new path for me a day at a time.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome :happy: You can do it and this is the best place to be. Everyone on here they are really great. Read the post and drink your water. :drinker: That really helps :flowerforyou:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes:flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!
  • illeriya
    Options
    hiiiiii!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    We'll be there for every one of those 160! Welcome and glad to have you!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome to MFP. I just wanted to tell you good luck with your weight loss journey and you can do this.