Big Boned / Puppy Fat .... thats what they say :-)

Options
theportkey
theportkey Posts: 52 Member
I am 42 now... but for most of my life I can say that people (mostly my mother) said the following;

* Don't worry luv... it's just puppy fat
* Thats because you're big boned and they are heavier !!

Do not believe them LOL :happy:

Replies

• lazywriter
    Options
    Lmao, let them know that overweight dogs live 3-4 years less than other dogs when they say that.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You have kind people around you. I was told the opposite. In nasty tones.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You have kind people around you. I was told the opposite. In nasty tones.

:frown: aww thats horrible!
  • theportkey
    Options
    Oh no nasty comments.... Just gave me a faulse sense of... the fat thing lol :ohwell: :happy:
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    I'd tend to believe those kinds of things are said in kindess. So as to not make you feel bad about self image. Not all places in the world value super skinny body types like they do here in the USA and Canada. A lot of places in the world openly admire women with a little more 'meat' on them, because it looks healthier. I don't know if I'd say it's a cultural thing or more of a demographinc thing.

The older generation definately connects differently than the younger because they may have experienced war times, where very thin looking people where a sign of very horrific times. When their physical imagery changed and reflected prosperity, they made a visual connection.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I still get the 'big boned' thing now . . .I am 6" tall and I am broad . .but I am also fat!! I'm sure people mean it in the nicest way . . .but it dosn't help!!
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My mum always used to say the same thing to me and that it was puppy fat and would go when I got older..........then came the big bone theory.......this is not entirely untrue.......I read somewhere once that if you measure your wrist it determines your frame size...
    5 1/2 =small frame
    6inches = medium frame
    6 1/2 = large frame
    There could be some truth in it because we are all different sizes......not just in height but also in frame size which in effect is your bones........
    Just a thought !! :tongue:

It would appear I am small framed after all.............FAT CHANCE OF THAT..........but I'm working on it !!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • theportkey
    Options
    Well there ya go... 6 1/2 Inches.

My mum was right :laugh:

x