Movie/Theater Snacking - Help

Options
Hi guys,

Just need a bit of advice and support. My son and I watch movies at home practically every weekend and now and then we will go to the Theater. The worst thing i find is trying to break old habits and stop the temptations, which are so strong, when it comes to eating chocolate, sweets, and chips.

What alternatives can i use to satisfy and also ways to try and curve these cravings and bad habits.

Thanks

Replies

• meggylove
    Options
    Most movie theaters offer the giant pretzels which are not too bad and you can get them plain (without salt or butter). You can also get a large cup of water and pour in one of those sugar free powder drink mixes instead of getting a juice or soda.
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    *Try eating before you go to the movies!!!
    *Bring healthy sancks in your purse and your own water since its like $4 for a bottle..lol
    *If you need to eat popcorn, pop your own before you go and put it in your purse.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    for at home movies...freeze chocolate fat free pudding cups. 80 cals and they are super good for cravings
  • Lisa61770
    Options
    When you are home you could air pop your popcorn. You get the crunch you want but don't ruin your day of eating healthy. Good Luck! I know it's hard to break bad habits.
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I always get a salted popcorn, less calories but still a treat :D Otherwise I work out my calories required and exercise so I don't feel deprived :D
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Substitute. Bring a bag of carrots or fresh fruit. Bring tea. And home-popped pop corn is low in cals if you leave out the butter!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I pop my own low-calorie, low-sodium popcorn beforehand, place it in a ziploc bag and put it in my purse. And for my chocolate cravings, the Skinny Cow chocolate bars are a delicious alternative to eating Milk Duds, Raisinets, etc....
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just need a bit of advice and support. My son and I watch movies at home practically every weekend and now and then we will go to the Theater. The worst thing i find is trying to break old habits and stop the temptations, which are so strong, when it comes to eating chocolate, sweets, and chips.

What alternatives can i use to satisfy and also ways to try and curve these cravings and bad habits.

Thanks

I love movie popcorn. I normally will get a kids pack for myself. The best alternative is to burn the calories that you are assuming you are going to consume BEFORE you go. That way you can enjoy whatever you want to eat. If I plan on eating a 1,000 I will burn an extra 2,000 and such.