Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes

Options
I am trying to find some healthy slow cooker recipes, if you have any can you please let me know =)

Replies

• ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My easiest recipe is to throw frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts into the slow cooker with a package of taco mix and some water. Then slow cook for about 6 hours, and shred the chicken. Easy chicken tacos! You can also add black beans, canned tomatoes and chile's for some extra flavor.

I also make make turkey chili in the crock pot. Brown 1 lb ground turkey with a chopped onion. Throw the meat and onion into the crock pot along with 2 cans diced tomatoes, beans and chili seasoning.

Finally, chicken stroganoff from All recipes.com. I used low fat cream cheese and 98% fat free cream of chicken soup. It's really good and really easy!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-stroganoff/detail.aspx
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Fiesta Crockpot Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I put them in frozen sometimes)
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 jar of your favorite salsa
    1 large can corn (I've used frozen in the past as well)

Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours (I've let it go all day while at work)
    Shred chicken
    Serve as tacos, or with chips... adding shredded cheese is optional
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fiesta Crockpot Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I put them in frozen sometimes)
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 jar of your favorite salsa
    1 large can corn (I've used frozen in the past as well)

Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours (I've let it go all day while at work)
    Shred chicken
    Serve as tacos, or with chips... adding shredded cheese is optional

Wow, this sounds so wonderful....going to try it! Thanks for sharing!!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    I use my slow cooker all the time.

I have one recipie that is simalar to the fiesta chicken already mentioned. In fact, it is what I have cooking at home right now.

1 cup uncooked brown rice
    2 cups black beans (i make and freeze my own to cut down on the salt)
    16 oz of salsa
    boneless skinless chicken breasts

Plus I do a pot roast that is just baby cut carrots, a handful of frozen diced onions, a couple of red potatoes (with the skin), low sodium beef or chicken broth, and a pork or beef roast.

I also have one for pulled pork...but for some reason I can never remember it, so I have to check the card every time I make it.

-Katheryne
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I cook a pork butt roast in the slow cooker with some chopped onion and 1 env. onion soup mix. When done, after about 6 or 7 hours, take it out and shred, put back in and add your favorite barbeque sauce. I use Sweet Baby Ray's. Serve open face on a bun or make a whole sandwich. Don't know the calorie count, but it sure is good. Just have to eat in moderation. Any left overs freeze really well. I forgot to say the juice in the pot needs to be poured out, just leave enough to keep the meat moist.
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes.
    You can bake potatoes in the crockpot...put in scrubbed potatoes and 1 inch water. Cook on low for 2-4 hours, depending on how often you open it.

Chili soup.
    Brown burger, add spices, beans, tomato sauce, etc, then simmer in crockpot for several hours...

BBQ meat (pork chops, chicken, beef steak, roast)
    Any cut of meat - just put in (frozen or thawed) and pour bbq over top.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Woop! I just got a slow cooker and was looking into recipes. Never thought black beans, fantastic!
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump!