What should I do? Nutrition problem

Options
This is my nutrition breakdown for tomorrow (I like to plan ahead what I eat). How can I make it right? I've got too much fat, protein, sugar & fibre, but what else can I eat to meet my calorie goal? If I eat less fat/protein/sugar, I will have calories leftover or go over my carbs. My macro breakdown is 40c/35p/25f. Should I worry about that at all, or forget about in and just be interested in calories?

Cals Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fibre

Totals 1,418 139 56 137 39 32
Goal 1,420 142 39 124 28 16
Remaining 2 3 -17 -13 -11 -16

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Peachw
    Peachw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing approximately the same as you for the past 130 days, and have lost 52 pounds. Your totals are well within the guidelines of the Curves Weight Management Plan, which has been researched for over 10 years, and found to be very healthy. Once you reach your goal weight, it is good to increase your carbohydrate to a higher percentage, as recommended by the USDA, but for a healthy weight loss, your macro breakdown is both healhful and effective.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about too much protein or fiber. I also don't worry too much about fat (assuming its mostly "good" fat). Been working on sugar recently so don't have much in the line to help there but eat clean. I think you're probably fine!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Cals Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Fibre

Totals 1,418 139 56 137 39 32
    Goal 1,420 142 39 124 28 16
    Remaining 2 3 -17 -13 -11 -16

I personally don't track sugar at all, but regardless, the above looks great to me in terms of your totals relative your goals. You aren't going to be perfect and what you have listed looks great. Keep getting that close to your targets and you'll have great progress IMO.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Hit your minimum protein and fat goals, and don't worry about the rest.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry about such small differences. There is no way your measurments of food are going to be spot on, so a little bit of margin of error is bound to exist.

Over on protein and fibre is good!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :flowerforyou:
    I was always on the downside on protein, but I'm trying to eat clean now. The fat is mostly good fat, and carbs are good carbs (veg, dairy & oats). I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how we go!