accents?

Options
EmmaJean7
EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
So.. completely not fitness related but hey!
Saw a post in the introducing forum about If there was any Aussies out there. This might be weird but I have been raised in the US all my life, (Texas born and raised) and I have always wanted to be from Australia, or go away for years and inherit their accent... I just think it sounds so cool! This is possibly a side effect from watching way to much Crocodile Hunter when I was a kid *RIP Steve Irwin*. Anyways I just think accents are so interesting. I am from Texas, and I live in central Texas and it's really weird though because a lot of girls my age I run into from central TX sound more like they could be from California than having the famous slow draw were famous for. I find that a lot of people I meet from east TX a very heavy southern accent.

So.. do you have an accent? If so where is it from? Have you ever wanted to be from a specific part of the world where they talked a certian way?

Cheers! :p

Replies

• PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    South Africa =) proud of my accent but I do agree Australians have a sexy accent
  • BSero1982
    Options
    I love accents as well. I have an aussie friend and its really awesome. i have some southern friends and its just as awesome. I'm from Iowa and been told I have some sort of southern/midwest draw. which I don't really hear but east coasters can hear it completely. Kind of interesting!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Nope...I grew up with a military father and thus have no geographical claim. People sometimes ask where I'm from because they can't place my accent.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Funny, I'm mexican but when I hear a Hispanic woman with a thick/strong accent it drives me nuts! I want her to speak clear because I believe she will get more respect! On the other hand, if I hear a southern man say "Ma'am" I melt......(and I live near a base so we get to hear it oftne)
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have a huge thing about accents! I have an English accent. And my other half is French. I just LOVE his accent!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I have a Californian "accent."

I am obsessed with guys with asian accents, although oddly enough the only accent Ive ever wished for myself was a Russian one~
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    I have a Scottish accent. I live in the US now and not a day goes by where I hear "You're not from around here, are you?"
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Big Southern Accent Here!!!!! I am from a little town called Pembroke Georgia, just about 20 minutes from Savannah, Georgia. Ugh! I hate my accent, wish it was just normal.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yes please!

Mines boring midwest farm girl. I love a strong accent!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Everyone has an accent when they go somewhere else.
  • BSero1982
    Options
    Big Southern Accent Here!!!!! I am from a little town called Pembroke Georgia, just about 20 minutes from Savannah, Georgia. Ugh! I hate my accent, wish it was just normal.

AWESOME. lol.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I have a northside Chicago accent. Most people can identify with the southside accent, you know, "Da Bears!" or "ChiCAHgo!" Think Hilary Clinton, and that's pretty much a northside accent. Nothing cute or exciting.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Mine really depends....

I am a New York native but the longer I spend down south the more my NY accent dissapears.. if I get really mad it comes back though. If I'm listening to/singing along with Country music, my accent gets very southern. However, in my home we don't speak english so if you call me at home and I am jumping back and fourth from english to spanish i tend to have more of a spanish accent.
  • angieaanderson
    Options
    Aussies have the sexiest accents. I lived in New Zealand for about four years when I was a kid. I picked up the accent but it's faded throughout the years I've lived n the US. It does pop up every now and then, especially when I talk to family who all still live in New Zealand. I still want to call cookies 'biscuits' lol.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Being from the midwest, any kind of accent is usually a turn on. Especially French or the cockeny English accent.
  • nati39
    nati39 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have a german accent.....i lived int the states since 14 years and i can not shake my accent....some people say its a nice accent, but personally i don't think it is ...because the min. i open my mouth the question "Where are you from?" follows. :(
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in Colorado. Moved to SE Texas after I got out of the Army. I have lived here now for 17 years and people mistake me for being a Native Texan. It kind of rubbed off on me I guess. Now my "yankee" family make fun of the way I talk.
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Accents are HOT...unless it is like hillbilly redneck accent...
  • hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a Canadian accent.....that people rag on me for ALL THE TIME. Lol. <3 it!
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I moved to Houston about 4 years ago expecting to hear nothing but Southern drawls...however most folk I have met here are from up north too. One lady that works in the office with me is a true Texan & the accent to boot. However, my accent remains northern. Most folk think I'm from Boston or NY.

I would probably have to agree with the Australian accent is the best! But a French accent is super sexy...ijs