To cheat day or not to cheat day??

Options
2»

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I started off with having cheat days Saturday-Sundays and things went well. I could have a balanced meal Mon-Friday with no issues. Know I've become accustom to eating right so even on my Saturday-Sunday's I find myself choosing all the right meals and eating with in a balance. I think (for myself especially) if we put too much on "diet" then we ultimately begin to fail because of all the pressure we put on ourselves. I say have a day or so. with that then the very next day you adjust your food intake and up your workout to accomidate what you've eaten.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days or meals because I am not on a diet. I am changing the way I eat, not what I eat. I will tell you that I've been on this current weight loss path since June 21. In that time my weight has gone up twice, both times were the week of my TOM. Every other week has been a loss or stayed the same. I also haven't exercised but twice in the last month (life & sickness *sigh*). I think if you deprive yourself of the foods you love you are setting yourself up for failure. If you eat what you are craving in moderation then your body gets satisfied.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't find it necessary so much. If Im craving something that's not exactly healthy (which doesn't happen often anymore), I allow myself that meal. I don't schedule a cheat meal in, I go with how I feel.
    And I neeevver do a full on cheat DAY.