Does water with cyrstal light sugar flavor count towards you

Options
So I am really bad at just drinking water. I try really hard but I usually have to flavor it with a lemon or with those crystal light sugar packets (the 20calorie ones) I only limit myself to one bottle of the sugar ones a day, but can I still count that as an intake of water?

Replies

• kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I say yes. I think it's up to you.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I would count them as water towards hydration, but I would go with a lemon more often than the artificial sweeteners-- even though they have low calories, Aspertame isn't something I want much of in my body. :)

eta: and of course count the calories and log.
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    I like the MIO's, 0 Calorie and I drink them every day. I also can't just drink plain water
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that you can count is as your water intake....you may also want to try Mio....they have lots of different flavors that taste very good...and they have 0 calories!!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yes it counts. I count tea and coffee as well as water and water that's flavored. Just make sure you log it. I even log tea and coffee even though, by themselves, there's no calories in them. With the crystal light, it's only 20 calories, but if you don't log that then you aren't being true to yourself! this is all about being true to yourself!
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I totally count them. Otherwise I'd only get a few cups of water a day in. Try Mio too. I drink the fruit punch flavor and it's 0 calories. Tastes just like kool-aid!
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    I think the calories are so minimal that it doesn't really matter. Not unless you were consuming it in bulk.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yes, it counts. Any liquid counts. The point is keeping your body hydrated, and if you need it, to keep yourself full in between meals.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I don't like plain water, so all my water is with Crystal Light in it. I even count my caffeine free diet coke that I have everyday - the reason being when my aunt did Nutrisystem - they allowed her to count caffeine free diet soda as water. So, yes, I count them.
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you are going to avoid aspartame - Mio has that in it as well I believe (which is why it's only 0 calories)....I will count water with flavor in it, but I also don't buy the 0 calorie ones (because of the aspartame). I know Weight waters a long time ago, counted only 1/2 the serving of water with flavor - not sure how they do it now?

I just try to drink water with lemon only.
  • vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Options
    I was drinking a LOT of crystal light and counting it, but I have found that my weight loss slows when drinking as much as I was; and my cravings are much more intense.

Lately I have been drinking water infused with lemon and cucumber! It is amazingly refreshing!!!!!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    The Crystal Light ones are sugar-free as long as you don't mind artifical sweeteners. Some people avoid them like the plague; I find that they help me.

I've also been using lots of herbal teas with a little Splenda. There are some really good flavors out there. My favorites have vanilla in them, but you can try whatever strikes your fancy. I drink them iced, but now that it's starting to get cold out, I'll drink more hot. That's an advantage with tea; you can drink it hot or cold.

I'm like you...plain water gets very boring after a while. I have to do something to change it up. I read on webMD and the Mayo Clinic website that ANY fluid counts toward your water count. Some on here will debate that, but personally, I'll trust the doctors and researchers more than other people's opinions. I may get flamed for that, but that's okay. I don't begrudge those who drink only water...that's their choice, and they are entitled to it, just as I'm entitled to my opinion.

Good luck...try some different things and you'll find something that makes the water more palatable to you!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids except caffeine. I force 12 servings instead of 8. My favorite drink is diluted vitamin water :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I was drinking a LOT of crystal light and counting it, but I have found that my weight loss slows when drinking as much as I was; and my cravings are much more intense.

Lately I have been drinking water infused with lemon and cucumber! It is amazingly refreshing!!!!!

love love love cucumber in my water :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light in water, I count it towards my water count for the day. You drank the water right?
  • timmypeace
    timmypeace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    People say you can count it. However, I just feel like this defeats the purpose of actually drinking water. Adding chemicals to something pure is never good for your body in the long run. I suggest keeping everything at it's natural state.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    yes anything you intake no matter if it is crystal light or just plain water it counts. I love water i drink pop every once in a blue moon but every one in my house only drinks water sometimes it gets boring so i mix it up with like a half a pack of crystal light or something to give it flavor. Water is the absolute best thing for your body and weight loss if your going to add stuff to it to make it taste better then there is really no point in drinking.
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options

THIS. If you can't drink water, try cucumber and other fancy stuff. Think of yourself as a bartender...a Mixologist if you will. But instead of alcohol, it's water!
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Do you like spicy food? Spicy food helps you get full faster. It also encourages drinking a LOT of water. When i'm on a diet, i make everything 10x more spicy than usual and it works!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids except caffeine. I force 12 servings instead of 8. My favorite drink is diluted vitamin water :)

Why don't count caffeinated drinks? The diuretic effect is far, far outweighed by the fluid in said drinks.