READY TO ROLL!...AGAIN!!!!

So this week, starting Friday, i went off the deep end a little bit. I ate more junk for Friday-Sunday than i have all together in the last 3 months, didnt log at all... I really over did it. I was eating anything and everything that was bad for me and i knew it was going to hurt my progress but didn't care! I gained a few pounds, and certainly don't feel as fit as i have in the past, but I am SO motivated to go on a crazy push to get back into the healthy eating and great exercise that got me to the good, fit, shape I am in. In some ways, I think having this bad weekend is going to be good for me. I'm more motivated on this Monday than I have been in months! I'm right back on my eating plan, motivated, and I even rode my bike to work! I'm posting this for anyone who may have had a similar couple of days and maybe doesn't feel like getting back on track. All i can say to you is DO IT! Say to yourself you're going to totally put the bad behind you, learn from it, and move forward with a full head of steam. I had a high school football coach that would always say..."the most important play in the game....is the NEXT one." He meant, no matter how bad the previous play was (or day/weekend), no matter how bad u screwed up (or ate), its all about how u respond on the NEXT play (or the next day or week). So think about that and get ready to roll! I know I am!

Replies

• vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Great post!!! Awesome way to look at weight loss...and LIFE in general!!!! Congrats on your newfound determination!
  • serenity920
    serenity920 Posts: 31 Member
    Great Attitude!!! I am on the same track, I took a deep breath got on the scale and loged in today for the first time in a few months. The results were to be expected but i know i don't have to feel this out of control or tired anymore.
    Today is the day I am back on track and ready to ROLL!!!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    nice job getting back on track fairly quickly...and nice message for any folks who might be struggling.

folks, its a journey and we are human. we are not perfect and we will mess up. what's important is to do your best as often as you can and get back on the journey as quickly as you can. then, reflect on why you took a mis-step so that you can learn about the cause of the stumbling block...and either avoid it or limit it next time.