WATER WORKOUTS

Options
HELLO TO ALL, I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE TRIED ANY TYPE OF WATER WORKOUTS. I KNOW THEY BURN ALOT OF CALORIES. WHAT TYPE HAVE YOU TRIED AND FOR HOW LONG?

Replies

• hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    HELLO TO ALL, I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE TRIED ANY TYPE OF WATER WORKOUTS. I KNOW THEY BURN ALOT OF CALORIES. WHAT TYPE HAVE YOU TRIED AND FOR HOW LONG?
  • Mooryado
    Mooryado Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My sister, who is morbidly obese decided she was going to try it. Her community pool offered it three times a week. I went and stayed with her for a two week visit and I went with her.

It was GREAT. I had never been to a gym nor done any kind of "work out" other than my own little attempts at home. It was very do-able and I was surprised that you could sweat while you were in a pool. And I'm not a sweater. But we worked hard.

I was nearly 100 lbs overweight and I was the leanest person there. It is especially good for really big people because they can really get into it and move in the water so much easier than out of the water.

FAITHFUL 7 DAYS!!!!
  • hibbler22
    Options
    Yeah. My sister, who is morbidly obese decided she was going to try it. Her community pool offered it three times a week. I went and stayed with her for a two week visit and I went with her.

It was GREAT. I had never been to a gym nor done any kind of "work out" other than my own little attempts at home. It was very do-able and I was surprised that you could sweat while you were in a pool. And I'm not a sweater. But we worked hard.

I was nearly 100 lbs overweight and I was the leanest person there. It is especially good for really big people because they can really get into it and move in the water so much easier than out of the water.

FAITHFUL 7 DAYS!!!!

THANKS! MY TRAINER SAID I SHOULD TRY IT BC IT BURNS CALORIES AND ITS A GOOD WORKOUT. THEY OFFER IT MONDAY-FRIDAY AT MY GYM. IM GOING TO TRY IT OUT :flowerforyou: MONDAY.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you about water workouts...they are AWESOME!!! And so great for your joints....LOW to NO impact. It inspired me to get back into swimming, then I started teaching swim lessons last summer and dropped a bunch of weight without really changing my eating or even trying to lose! I cannot wait for summer to get here so I can get back to the water!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

I got into really great shape---but I was in the pool every day...I'm a teacher, so now that I'm back in the regular school year, my "stress weight" started creeping back on me...but I'm trying really hard to stay close to what I was down to, because I think this summer will be the one where I get the rest of it all off!

Good luck with your water endeavor, I think you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (There's just something about water that's so therapeutic)!
  • hibbler22
    Options
    OKAY THANKS. I CANT WAIT TO TRY IT MAYBE AFTER I GET INTO IT, I MIGHT TAKE SWIMMING LESSONS :flowerforyou: