Not Hungry

Options
Just out of curiosity... I've been trying to eat healthy since about August or so, but it wasn't until late Sept that I joined this site and actually started recording my foods/eating better. Because of my lifestyle (9-5 work week, morning exercise) I find that eating heavy in the morning/lunch and light for dinner is best (as, I believe, is recommended anyway!) but after about a month of recording my foods/being aware of what I'm eating... I have found the past 3-4 days that I just don't get hungry anymore.

My weekends are the worst. I'm awful at remembering to write down my food but I also don't have the same structure on weekends as I do during the week (I am better with routine :P) so while I am still eating healthy, I'm getting up at 9am instead of 5 or 6am and I'm just not hungry. At all. So I eat breakfast because I know I should, but I can barely finish it, and then I forget to eat until around dinner time when people start asking me what I want and I realize I should probably eat again (but I reiterate, I'm not actually hungry/craving anything).

Could it just be an adjusting thing? Last week was my first full week of 9-5 and thus the new routine (new job--before I was unemployed so while I ate right, it certainly wasn't at the same times). Last week and my half week of working before that I was STARVING when I woke up but this morning I couldn't even finish 2 cups of oatmeal. That was 4 hours ago and I'm still not hungry. I don't get discomfort when I eat and I don't "feel full" or anything, my body just isn't begging for food like it used to.

Just curious if this is normal or if I should look into adjusting something else about my diet. :) This week is also the first week I'll be stabilizing my exercise routine; last week I basically wanted to establish my sleeping hours so I wasn't as active as I wanted to be. I imagine adding more exercise than usual will boost hunger a little bit, at least for energy...

On another kind of related note, I tried to eat ice cream yesterday and could only get through about 1/4 of what I used to be able to eat in one sitting. It's nice knowing that I'm treating my body well enough that it basically rejects the bad stuff :)

Replies

• lisab36079
    lisab36079 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I know I should eat my minimum calories, but I am just not hungry as of late. I don't want to slow up my metabolism by eating too little calories. I do exercise every day, but not sure how to answer you on this one. Hopefully, someone can give some very good advice. :)