I overate today by 700+ calories.

Options
After a day of eating heavily and exercising very little, what is recommended for the next day?

Do I eat 700 less calories tomorrow?

Do I continue on with my goals pretending that it never happened?

What do you all think?

Replies

• VardaElentari
    Options
    After a day of eating heavily and exercising very little, what is recommended for the next day?

Do I eat 700 less calories tomorrow?

Do I continue on with my goals pretending that it never happened?

What do you all think?
  • jsonnett02
    Options
    What is in the past, let it be in the past. You over ate a little bit. Just do a little more cardio tomorrow. By eliminating more calories tomorrow you are depriving yourself. You don't want to do that. Work out a little longer tomorrow and make good food choices. We all mess up once in a while, just let it go and move forward. :happy:
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Just learn from this and move on, don't worry about it too much.

Good Luck!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Consider it a off day or treat day and jump right back on track tomorrow. Don't pretend it never happened but don't dwell on it either. Remember so you don't do it again soon but don't let it derail you. Good luck on your journey to healthiness! :flowerforyou:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Easy fix....take a brisk walk for the next few days! Then commit to it if or when you overeat again! Or...plan ahead and do some extra exercise. Guilt free! Best to all!
  • dixiebutterfly5913
    Options
    Don't worry about it, I go over a little nearly everyday. If you are too strick on yourself and don't allow yourself a little wiggle room, you are likely to "fall of the wagon". Just stick to your excercise routine, pick yourself up dust yourself and go wide open after it tomorrow 'cause it's a whole new day! Good Luck!
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I overate my calories on Wednesday by about 800 and to be honest, it helped me lose! I did my normal routine on Thursday (ate 1200 cals and did 33 min elliptical, 10 treadmill and some weights) and on Friday I was down 3 lbs. I think having that one day spiked my metabolism or something so to be honest I think it is good sometimes like once a month or something to go way over!
    GoodLuck! (just dont do it everyday and you will be fine!)
  • VardaElentari
    Options
    Wow, thanks all!

I love how friendly and supportive everyone is here.

Truly a support group we all can benefit from.

:happy:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hey! That's how much I overate by, too. I'm really not worried about it. I leave some of my exercise calories 'on the table' every day for just days like this (which don't happen often but you know, it's life!) I'll plan to work out a little extra tomorrow but I'm just not stressed or worried about it. You don't worry about it either. Now, if it were an everyday occurance you'd have cause to be worried but since it isn't, no big deal.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:
  • Mooryado
    Mooryado Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't pass it off as no big deal. I think you should make this a learning experience. What happened and why? What were the triggers? What was the situation? How can you recognize what happened and avoid it next time. How will you handle this situation in the future in order to be successful?

FAITHFUL 7 DAYS