bump-wanna read this later, thanks!:smile:
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I try to buy as much organic as possible. What I have found is that you can save money by joining an organic Co-op. The one I belong to is $20 every two weeks. WIth options to buy more if I want. It is a large amount of fruits and vegetables and is forcing us out of our normal food routine.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Some great tips in there. I agree that any little bit is better than nothing. A long time ago I made the switch to organic/fair trade bananas, because I eat a lot of bananas and they are something that are pretty cheap even at the organic price. I always get organic, free range farm fresh eggs, straight from the farm. If I buy meat it is organic and free range as well-not cheap, but I just don't eat much meat. I buy produce directly from the farms when they are in season, again organic. Buying directly from farms or farmers' markets is significantly cheaper! I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I think organic foods taste better. And for eggs and meat, I feel better knowing that the animal got to (or the chicken gets to) run around outside and live a normal animal life. Plus the farms' footprints are so much smaller.

Try and go organic AND fair trade where you can. :)