I've have to stop the procrastination

Options
I'm ready to do this!

I have gone thru a lot of changes in my life the past two years, but the past year has finally taken it's toll on me. I was doing well with my weight loss journey and only had 25 lbs to lose, but I let life get in the way and instead of losing the last 25 lbs, I put on 30 LBS!!! Now I am facing a weight loss goal of 55 lbs, but I am ready to stop saying "I'll start next week" and get on with it!

I would also appreciate any support and encouragement and will gladly offer the same in return. :smile:

Thank You!!!

Replies

• jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! You just have to decide that this is the journey that you want to take. If you're not in 100%, you'll set yourself up to fail!!! You are worth it!!! Feel free to add me!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Girl, I feel ya.

I'm the queen of procrastination! I'm always "oh, I'll do that tomorrow" yet "tomorrow" never comes!

Good for you for doing what needs to be done today instead of putting it off again.

I, too, started with about the same amount to lose.

Add me. I'd love new friends to support & encourage and have the same in return :)
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! What a coincidence ~ I just set my "reset" button today! Feel free to add me ~ we can "get on with it" together!! :smile:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    one day at a time...you are here now, what helps me is the daily logging of foods(everything) and also the exercise logs...this site is great and will helps you lots....good luck:flowerforyou:
  • cherie2
    Options
    I'm in the same position. Keep saying I will lose this weight, but I never do. No more using college as an excuse. We all can do this.:smile:
  • cherie2
    Options
  • loraflock
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Procrastination was my middle name and I just finally decided today that I had had enough of feeling tired and feeling like I was trapped in someone else's body! Surely this couldn't be my body!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jimenez0312
    Options
    Thats how I started. I kept on saying "Next Monday" but once I felt I was ready I ended up starting on a Wednesday. Just keep at it and realize that you may or may not slip up. Just continue and dont get discouraged. This will be a long journey but it will all be worth it in the end. Feel free to add me. I have a long way to go, I need to lose about 50-70 lbs.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. Hi my name is Melissa and I'm a procrastinator. :( It is like one of my few bad habits. Surely I have others but they haven't spoke to me like this one does. I quit biting my nails years ago, never smoked and I don't drink so nail biting and procrastination were my main "habits". I'd like to add two new habits(good ones) and stop being such a procrastinator. Its hard though. If it's possible to inherit this trait I surely got it from my dad.