Weight Loss Plateau or in starvation mode

Options
hi, i just started working out 4 months ago, my problem is :sad:
it's been a month and my weight is still the same, so far i lost 27lbs in 3 months working out 2-3x a wk. doing basic boxing and kick boxing training including resistance training
last month i started to work out 4-5x a wk doing basic mixed martial arts training including resistance training.

i reviewed my caloric intake. workout days my caloric intake ranges from 1400 - 1750 cals, and during rest days 1300 - 1500 cals. where during w.o days MFP suggested that i can eat upto 2300 calories and during rest days i can only eat upto 1600 cals.

My total daily burned calories is 2600 (from normal daily activity w/o exercising)
and my BMR is 2044 cals.

and i just wander does drinking whey protein halts my weight loss? coz i notice that i no longer loosing weight when i started to drink whey last month but i think it helps to gain strength and lift heavier weights. :happy:

Replies

• kathrynrice89
    Options
    If your drinking whey protein than your building muscle....and muscle weighs more than fat!
  • pjlawlor
    pjlawlor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're probably gaining muscle weight while burning fat. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat does. How are your clothes fitting? If they are looser, than you're on the right track.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    When MFP gives you a calorie goal... YOUR aim should be to put that 'calories remaining' number as close to ZERO as you possibly can. If you don't, you risk starvation mode. It sounds like you're putting your calories in the negatove on yout workout days, which isn't a good thing... You need to be eating MORE than what you're burning or your body will refuse to let go of anything. If you burn 2600 in a day exercising, you should be eating AT LEAST 3800 calories so that your net is 1200 or more... your body NEEDS this fuel for basic day to day function.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You mean you burn 2600 calories a day exercising? Do I understand you correctly? If so, you need to eat 2600 calories PLUS whatever MFP tells you should eat (based on your BMR and your weekly weight loss goal selected). Stock your fridge my friend!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    hi, i just started working out 4 months ago, my problem is :sad:
    it's been a month and my weight is still the same, so far i lost 27lbs in 3 months working out 2-3x a wk. doing basic boxing and kick boxing training including resistance training
    last month i started to work out 4-5x a wk doing basic mixed martial arts training including resistance training.

i reviewed my caloric intake. workout days my caloric intake ranges from 1400 - 1750 cals, and during rest days 1300 - 1500 cals. where during w.o days MFP suggested that i can eat upto 2300 calories and during rest days i can only eat upto 1600 cals.

My total daily burned calories is 2600
    and my BMR is 2044 cals.

and i just wander does drinking whey protein halts my weight loss? coz i notice that i no longer loosing weight when i started to drink whey last month but i think it helps to gain strength and lift heavier weights. :happy:

Your not eating enough. Up your daily calories to 1900 and have a spike day of 3,000, one day a week.
  • remzki
    remzki Posts: 19
    Options
    2600 from normal daily activity w/o exercising. :smile:
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    your drinking whey protein than your building muscle....and muscle weighs more than fat!
    You're probably gaining muscle weight while burning fat. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat does. How are your clothes fitting? If they are looser, than you're on the right track.

Patently false

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html
  • remzki
    remzki Posts: 19
    Options
    thanks for the replies :happy: :bigsmile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If your drinking whey protein than your building muscle....and muscle weighs more than fat!

....Seriously? *face palm*