Introducing myself : ) Possible HCG, would love feedback!

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    I'm on hCG right now, in the middle of my first round. I will not be doing it again. My friend lost 90lbs in a year doing several cycles of the drops, so I decided to try them as well. After I ordered them, I changed my mind about wanting to do them, but didn't want to cause problems since she already paid for them. So, I decided to give them a try. I started them last Monday, loaded on Monday and Tuesday and started the 500 calorie diet on Wednesday. This morning, I weight 19lbs less than when I started. Sound great, right? But I gotta tell you from someone who is actually doing the "fad diet", I'm concerned that I'll just gain it all back when I'm off the drops in 2 weeks. I've vowed that when my drops are done, I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way (not much can hurt you that way, not putting anything into your body) and it should stay off better. I think I'll feel better doing it the slower way. Instant gratification got the best of me this time, but I would NOT recommend hCG. Weight wasn't put on over (may seem like it) so it shouldn't come off over night. Slow and steady wins the race.

I think you should examine your thinking that leads you to do something dangerous because you, "didn't want to cause problems since she already paid for them."

Really? What if she buys you some crack? You could lose weight that way, too.

Just stop now.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    i consulted my doctor about hcg and he said the restrictive calorie diet plays a huge role in success

You don't say! :noway:

Is your Doctor name Kervorkian? LMAO!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    smiley-laughing025.gif
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Popcorn & wine. I'm in.

( you can have those things in moderation when you exercise and have healthy caloric defecits...not on the fad diets...darn)

<<<<<<<<<<
    Is it too early for popcorn?

Only if you don't mind me drinking wine. Scoot over.

I am getting full on popcorn today.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am not a parent, but I have nieces and nephews, but maybe I don't have enough personal at-home experience with toddlers, but I don't think that "chasing toddlers around all day" is enough exercise especially when you have weight to lose. Also, maintaining a healthy weight and/or losing weight, require both enough exercise and a healthy diet. If you gained a lot of weight, it is likely that you were not doing either properly. If you are working with your doctor, I'm guessing you had your hormones, bloodwork checked? No thyroid problem? If all is well, you might just have a slower metabolism. Which means eating MORE healthfully and getting MORE exercise.

If your doctor is advocating a 500 calorie deficit and taking HCG I would have serious doubts about their fitness to practice. Same with that naturopath that someone else is seeing. As a nurse, I would NEVER EVER advocate for such an unhealthy/unsafe caloric deficit, let alone messing with the body with extra hormones, and neither would any dietician or physician that I know.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, I've had two kids back to back. One is 4 months old. I weigh 128 now. Started at 160. Read my stats. All done without the hormones that made me hungry in the first place... I am healthier than I have ever been. It's called hard work and dedication! Oh, and I eat 1200 cals on a non exercise day, and plus some on exercise days.

You can do it, if you TRY. Read the success stories... they did it the old fashioned way...
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm on hCG right now, in the middle of my first round. I will not be doing it again. My friend lost 90lbs in a year doing several cycles of the drops, so I decided to try them as well. After I ordered them, I changed my mind about wanting to do them, but didn't want to cause problems since she already paid for them. So, I decided to give them a try. I started them last Monday, loaded on Monday and Tuesday and started the 500 calorie diet on Wednesday. This morning, I weight 19lbs less than when I started. Sound great, right? But I gotta tell you from someone who is actually doing the "fad diet", I'm concerned that I'll just gain it all back when I'm off the drops in 2 weeks. I've vowed that when my drops are done, I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way (not much can hurt you that way, not putting anything into your body) and it should stay off better. I think I'll feel better doing it the slower way. Instant gratification got the best of me this time, but I would NOT recommend hCG. Weight wasn't put on over (may seem like it) so it shouldn't come off over night. Slow and steady wins the race.

I think you should examine your thinking that leads you to do something dangerous because you, "didn't want to cause problems since she already paid for them."

Just stop now.

Ive considered going on a CRACK diet, give it a try :drinker:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    preparing for the *kitten* storm (umbrellas up!)
  • Coffegirl120901
    Options
    I appreciate your post! Thank you. I am exercising more and am loving it! All it took was a stationary bike to get me motivated. I'm not great with strict diets so I've been eating raw fruits and veggies as snacks throughout the day as well as small-portioned meals. I track my nutrients and take vitamins as well. I really screwed my weekend up by not worrying about the diet and exercise but have done well every other day. The HCG drops were an idea that started with a friend of mine from Texas. She has lost well over 60 pounds but she get the injections. I won't do that. Dr. Oz doesn't promote it but says it can help. We shall see what the HCG stuff does. I've already paid for them so I'm gonna give it a try.
  • Coffegirl120901
    Options
    Warning! Warning! Do you realize that with 300 cal per day of exercise, and 500 cal intake, you're giving your body a net 200 carbs to function? Most of us need at least 1200 just to sleep through the day. Think about the fact that those calories keep your heart beating, keep your lungs expanding and contracting, keep your brain processing, keep your muscles moving.

At this rate, unless you're morbidly obese and working closely with a doctor/nutritionist to formulate this plan, a diet like this will put your body into starvation mode and you will not lose anything but muscle. The fat will cling, your physical systems will get thrown completely out of whack, and you will not be able to function properly.

Not to mention that if, by sticking to this, you do end up losing the weight (mostly muscle), your body will overreact when you start eating normally again, and you'll put all that weight back on again, and then some.

The reason people on this site get up in arms about these crash diets is simply that they don't work. They've never worked. They're a great way for someone to make money off of desperate, gullible people who want a quick route to being sexy and don't even think about being healthy. Not to mention that they actually make you sick.

Please reconsider. Think about getting healthy rather than just getting sexy. When you get healthy, the sexy comes through on its own without making you sick and wasting your money--and it lasts, too, because it's a new way of approaching your whole life, not just the time period in which you want to lose weight.

Good post. I'm giving this another thought now.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<
    Is it too early for popcorn?

Only if you don't mind me drinking wine. Scoot over.

*pours self a glass* Hellooooooooooo darlings :)
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy throwing money away? Can you handle only eating 500 calories a day? Will you be really pissed if once the month is up, you gain every lost pound back? If no, no, yes, then you may reconsider giving that a try, in my opinion.

WOW I was going to say the same thing..and add. It took you longer than a month to gain the weight. It's a marathon not a sprint. That diet sucks.

PS..Put a pic up so people can see your before and after results.

My profile pic is my before and after on hcg.
  • abazooday727
    Options

Just stop now.

Ive considered going on a CRACK diet, give it a try :drinker:

I have heard that Meth works too! That Jenny Crank Program really works...too bad you lose your teeth in the process...
  • Coffegirl120901
    Options
    Well, I have to say, I wasn't prepared for the sarcasm so I won't post. I do appreaciate the informative replies though!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'll just say I have tried the HCG diet for about a week. Lost 11 lbs and in 2 days gained over half of it back. My husband researched this diet in Pharmacy School and about blew a gasket when he found I was doing it. You will lose weight on it cuz you are only eating 500 calories. And it sucks. I personally could not handle only eating 500 calories a day. It's not healthy at all and research proves that over 75% of people who lose weight with this diet gain all of their weight and more back once you finish. My suggestion is to evaluate the what you are eating and the times you are eating it. Make sure you get all your water in every day. Up your protein especially if you are working out. The best time to do cardio is first thing in the morning or after weight training. There is no need to do hours of strenuous excercises. If you are gonna do cardio only, try about 45 minutes and if you are doing both do about 30 minutes in weight training and 15 minutes cardio. You will lose the weight. Not as quickly as you would like. Trust me I am all about immediate gradification. This information I am giving you comes from my personal trainer as well as a little personal experience and my husband. Good luck on your journey and please come back i you have more questions. ((hugs))
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that you are taking these warnings seriously. Who cares if you already paid for the drops, it's not worth the risk. I just want to add that my best friends did this and she lost a TON of hair! I thought she looked like a cancer patient when she was on it.
    PS- She has gained most of the weight back!
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to say, I wasn't prepared for the sarcasm so I won't post. I do appreaciate the informative replies though!

Dont be afraid to post. Most of us on MFP are the same as you, we want to improve ourselves, and yes, we can be pretty sarcastic at times, It is only because we are very passionate about the subject of healthy weight loss/lifestyle change/self control/ and everything else we are trying to accomplish and when we see someone doing something so dangerous to their health, we need to speak out, and we are not always Sun-Shining, Rainbow-Happiness, Skittles-Shooting-Out-My-Butt goody goody about it.

Remember: opinions are like *kitten*, everybody has one. When you post on a public site, you will get to see it all.

Other than that, there is a lot of good information on here, and a LOT of good people who want to help.
  • jbrautigam24
    jbrautigam24 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did HCG for a week and couldn't take it. There is no way that eating 500 calories a day is good for you, I don't care what they say. The drops are expensive and the thought of forcing hormones in my body just isn't right. I don't care if 30 pounds come off in 30 days- I'd rather keep my muscle mass and be happy eating foods that are good for me. Plus, I can attest to the "crazy person" thing. For someone who gets super cranky when I don't eat every 3-4 hours, that diet just about pushed me over the edge. SOOO HUNGRY, ALL THE TIME.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Read about a member last week taking it and she lost a lot of weight in a very short time --that was the first I ever heard of it. I personally wouldn't take it. I've read quite a few posts about how pricey it is, the dangers of it etc. Is losing weight quickly worth all of that? Isn't changing one's nutrition/exercise lifestyle more important? Is this the way the world is going -- to find shortcuts and the easy way out instead of working hard for something? To me there is nothing better than seeing the numbers move down on the scale from sweaty workouts and eating clean. Just my opinion. :wink:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    My supervisor and good friend did the HCG diet last year, lost a lot of weight (50 pounds?) and looked good! Took me all year without the HCG, but I'm now slim and trim with only 15 pounds to go, but she gained all her weight back, plus 15 pounds.

And I didn't waste any money on it, either.
  • abazooday727
    Options
    I wasn't being sarcastic to you sweetie. I was being sarcastic to the one that said something about crack...just trying to sound as rediculous as the crack comment...Sorry I offended you. Don't stop posting.