Chantix

Options
2»

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    No weight gain because of medication but quitting smoking and weight gain for me is another story.

Side effects for me were maybe a few crazy dreams that were kind of like dreams on LSD, very interesting to say the least. My favorite side effect is that I have been smoke free for almost three years.

A friend of mine tried and she thought it made her feel like she was taking speed or maybe meth.
    Another friend had anger issues.
    My sister tried and she flung a pan of lasagna at her husband, but then again she always has anger issues so I don't think its fair she blamed it on the medication, she just wanted to quit trying to quit.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Already ahead of ya :) So far it's been 6 hr 52 min and 51 sec since my last smoke for a savings of $1.43. Longest time without a cigarette or nicotine product, like the patch, for me since I started six years ago.

That's awesome. I downloaded it last week in anticipation of quitting soon. I'm trying to get to my goal weight (11 lbs to go), before I try again, because it will help me stay motivated to fight against any weight gain.

Technology is awesome, isn't it?
  • mmildice
    Options
    I used Chantix twice. The first time I used it, I didn't have any problems. I quit for almost six months but stress in my life caused me to start back up again. I tried it again and had terrible side effects. I had bad dreams and was having panic attacks. I had to stop using it before it could help me to quit smoking. I wished I had never started back again but am too afraid to try it again.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my mom took it for a while last year. at first she had really vivid nightmares, and then the depression/suicidal thoughts and panic attacks started. she stopped taking it as soon as she noticed them, and was fine a day or two later
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No weight gain because I was violently ill while taking it. It worked to make me not want to smoke, I just couldn't handle throwing up and being dizzy every 5 minutes. Crazy dreams too!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm back on it after quitting for almost 8 months. I don't like the nausea so I only take it before bedtime, and I am having crazy dreams. Not nightmares, but like other people report, the dreams are so vivid and I seem so..conscious..in them, that it gets to feel like I'm not really sleeping ever.

But I would suffer almost anything to be rid of cigarettes again. I hate smoking :(
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My brother is using it. He hasn't gained any weight but he does get some pretty nasty nightmares now, which he never did before.

You should definitely get this checked.