My First 20 Minute Run

Options
I did it !

C25K Week Fiver Run Three with the dreaded 20 minute run to do.

I panicked a bit...posted here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/375826-20-minute-run-wobble? got some support and ran my socks off.

I am so tired and happy. If I can run 20 minutes I can (eventually) run 30 minutes ! Yeah me ! Running Rocks.:)

Replies

• KMSForLife
    Options
    Congrats! I've been there on the C25K and I know the anticipation you had going into it - I know that it seemed impossible to do BUT you did it!!! Running rocks and so do you!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I tried C25K and couldnt stick with it, but now I am on Week 3 of the Hal Hidgon's Novice 5K trainer and having a much easier time sticking with it.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I did my first 25-minute run on C25K last night, and I say that because I had always stopped to walk at some point. Prior to last night, the longest I had ever run without stopping was 10, maybe 11, minutes. 20 minutes is an achievement, and if you can do 20, you can do 30!

I did my first 5K this past Saturday and came in at 38:59, which included some walking. My next one is now less than three weeks away, and I want to run the whole thing and get in under 35 minutes :smile:

I wish you continued success in C25K - it is SUCH a great program if you are willing to push!

How does it feel to be a runner? :tongue:
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I melted when I read this.

I'm not a runner yet, but one day very soon I will be :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

I melted when I read this.

I'm not a runner yet, but one day very soon I will be :)

Hehe, we're getting there, aren't we? I have found running to become addictive. I take 1-2 days off per week, and I am sad on my days off, in that I feel kind of lazy!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should be so proud!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Told you so! :flowerforyou:
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    Told you so! :flowerforyou:

:) You did :flowerforyou:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, that is amazing! I am only on week 2 of C25K and I can not imagine running 20min without stopping! I have a hard enough time with the 90 seconds of running right now. LOL Great job!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    I have a hard enough time with the 90 seconds of running right now. LOL Great job!

So did I just a few weeks ago ;) You'll be doing 20 minutes in another four weeks, I'll watch for your post :)
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You go girl! The hardest part of running is getting that first foot out of the door. :)
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Way to go that is awesome!
    I too did this last year, and I have done a half marathon since, not fast, but I did it :D
    I love running too, although not doing it as much currently since I have different goals at the moment. But next year ill train for that same half marathon, and do much better :D
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    if you can run 20 minutes, you can run 21...

i used to look at my watch all the time during my run. not good mentally. i'd let my watch dictate how tired i felt. now that its colder i have long sleeves on whilst i run, and i don't look at it. i've been running a lot longer and farther then before.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You ARE a runner. Great job. I'm a marathon runner and know exactly how it feels to start with this fantastic sport. I was 39 when I began and never dreamed I'd do what I have done so far. I just completed my 6 th half marathon and will run my 3rd marathon this coming Sunday. You can do whatever you set your mind to!
  • cindileeb
    cindileeb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what is C25k?

I'm a new runner..
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have a hard enough time with the 90 seconds of running right now. LOL Great job!

So did I just a few weeks ago ;) You'll be doing 20 minutes in another four weeks, I'll watch for your post :)

I hope you get to see it, I just can't imagine! It seems so unreal that it could ever happen. I feel like I am going to die after just 90 seconds!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I did it !

C25K Week Fiver Run Three with the dreaded 20 minute run to do.

I panicked a bit...posted here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/375826-20-minute-run-wobble? got some support and ran my socks off.

I am so tired and happy. If I can run 20 minutes I can (eventually) run 30 minutes ! Yeah me ! Running Rocks.:)

CONGRATS!!!

I have been using C25K off and on for more than a year now but had never gotten past week 6. I'm back on it now (and fully intend to complete it this time) and just did the 20 minute run yesterday. We will BOTH be running 30 minutes soon!!

You ARE a runner! Don't let anybody (including yourself!) tell you differently!
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    Bloomin awesome :D
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep, you are a runner now. WTG!!! :drinker:
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    Thanks for the supportive posts, I'm off to bed with a big smile on my face. I just can not wait for Wednesday's run :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!