Not loosing weight

Options
Really stressed at the mo. My eight does not seem to be shfiting. I eat ok. I suppose i could do better but i exercise most day. Why is it not going. I eat around 1500 calories each day. Any help would be much apreciated :smile:

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you appear to go over your calories quite often.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You also eat a lot of processed stuff, are you watching your sodium? That could be one of the reasons why you are not losing
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    drinking enough water?
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me in the past is giving up carbohydrates. You can try that and see if it works.
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I try and drink enough water. Some days i dont reach 2 litres tho. I dont watch sodium at all so I will start to do this. Thanks for all your feedback
  • Degrotet
    Degrotet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello. I also had that problem for awhile. I also looked at your diary and it looks like you eat a lot of bread and carbs. You may want to try cutting down on the bread and see how that works out. In my case, I had to cut down on the amount of fruit I was eating and I replaced it with more veggies. I also cut out refined sugar in my coffee and I upped my protein intake by making two of my daily snacks "protein shakes". I make the shakes with unsweetened almond milk and 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder. I also had to cut my calories back to 1200.

I hope this helps. :-) Good luck!
  • ambut
    ambut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest staying away from process/prepackaged stuff, and if you do keep eating it (I know I do), just make sure you're drinking lots of water to get some of the salt out of your system. Salt makes you retain water, which makes you keep on weight that isn't fat. I also don't know how long you've been trying to lose weight or what your metabolism is like, so I don't know if it's too early for you to be worrying about not losing weight. Remember that eating small amounts of food or "low fat" food is not always the solution: eat quality food, fresh if possible, and make sure to eat a balanced diet. Cutting out carbs might work, but if you don't think you could do it long term, you might want to look into other options. Try adding small amounts of healthy fat into what you eat (olive oil, for example, is a healthy fat), because it helps you feel satisfied and you won't crave "bad" foods as much. Anyway, I wouldn't freak out! If you know you're eating fewer calories than you're burning on a daily basis, then the weight WILL come off. Stay off the scale for a little while, practice healthy habits, and don't stress!
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    From what I'm seeing, there's a lot of soups and breads. Simple carbs and sodium. You may be having an issue retaining water.
  • msterlitz
    Options
    I agree with the other posts about too many carbs and sodium. You need to jump start your metabolism. You should try cutting out all carbs and added sugar for at least a week. No soda pop. Drink only water. Eat more protein, like chicken, tuna, egg whites, and grain fed beef. Keep the meat portions down to 3 oz. (not any bigger than the palm of your hand). Slowly add good carbs back into your diet, like brown rice, wheat pastas, whole grain breads. All carbs are not bad in moderation. Your body needs carbs for fuel. Try adding chia seeds into your diet as well. Try eating small meals or snacks about every 3 hours. This will prevent the starving empty stomach feeling one sometines gets when cutting back on calories. This also helps with preventing low sugar crashes. You might want add more fresh vegetables to your diet as well. Good luck on your weight loss goal.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just having had a brief look at your diary it appears as though you are, more often than not, over on your calories... some days by several hundred. Weight loss is a numbers game. Stay consistently within your daily calorie allotment and you will lose.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You said that you work in a pub... are you sure that you aren't nibbling chips every now and again? When I waited tables, food would ALWAYS jump into my mouth!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you eat a lot of carbs... and there's not much in the way of fruit and veg in your diary. and make sure you log EVERYTHING. there was one instance where you logged bread but no butter or topping of any sort, did u really eat dry bread?! things like that add up!
  • Sepa
    Options
    You said that you work in a pub... are you sure that you aren't nibbling chips every now and again? When I waited tables, food would ALWAYS jump into my mouth!

I used to work in a pub. Now I work as a receptionist. No nicking chips for me anymore!
  • Sepa
    Options
    you eat a lot of carbs... and there's not much in the way of fruit and veg in your diary. and make sure you log EVERYTHING. there was one instance where you logged bread but no butter or topping of any sort, did u really eat dry bread?! things like that add up!

Yeah, sometimes I do fancy bread by itself. Usually dry toast tho so maybe it was toasted.