Really Im an 8? and my fear..

Arynamber
Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
edited October 4 in Health and Weight Loss
Sometimes I am stunned that I bought an 8 in jeans.. I havent seen that in SOOO long. Granted I still have some 10s that fit like a glove but just a few months ago my size 12s were getting TIGHT.
My biggest FEAR is that one day I will go to put those size 8s on and they will all of a sudden be so tight that I cant zip them. Also I feel that although my pants are smaller.. I feel I look the same. I thought a size 8 would be much.. SMALLER. When I was a 12 my goal was to be in the single digits..and now that Im here.. ya.. I dont think I look as thin as I thought I would

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Are we the same person? I have had those EXACT same thoughts! I went from a 14 to 8 and honestly? I thought size 8 would be smaller than what I currently am. I still feel like it is a dream and one day I will wake up overweight and size 14 again. I think it takes a while for our minds to catch up with our bodies.
  • As a person who USED to be an 18, I am awesomely estatic to be in an 8! I have CURVES. I was crying tears of joy when I had to start buying dresses, shirts, skirts in mediums/size 8!!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 419 Member
    I went from a size 8 to a size 12 (that's why I joined this site) and let me tell you it's a BIG difference. Sometimes I think how you see yourself in your head manipulates what you see in the mirror. Put a current picture of yourself next to an old picture and you'll see a difference, especially if you've gone from a 12 to an 8.
  • shkytalhick
    shkytalhick Posts: 11 Member
    I 100% feel the same way! I used ot be a size 22 & now I am an 8/10 & i still feel like I look like a size 22 & that a size 8 would be much smaller. Is there ever a point when we will look in the mirror & be happy or satisfied? I'm struggling with that as well
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I don't think that ever changes. I can actually (occasionally) get into a size 4 jeans. As someone who was a size 14 her whole life I would have never DREAMT I'd fit into a 4 jeans...and you know what. I'll put them on, zip them up, and not think I look very thin at ALL. I know I see the number there, but I look just like I thought I looked in a 12 or 14. It's weird and annoying!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Some days are better than others for me, but I totally feel the same way. I went from my size twelves being super tight down to somewhere between 8 and 10. (Which is annoying. Why don't they make in-between sizes?) I have trouble seeing the difference, though. I guess it's because I see myself everyday, so the subtle changes as time goes by don't hit me the way it might if I didn't see myself? I also have these random relapses where I go from feeling really good to feeling really dumpy again...
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    As a person who USED to be an 18, I am awesomely estatic to be in an 8! I have CURVES. I was crying tears of joy when I had to start buying dresses, shirts, skirts in mediums/size 8!!

Amen!!! I am so ready to be an 8/10! I love my curves. I'm in a 14 and can't wait to be a size 10!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Enjoy the victory. You deserve it.:flowerforyou:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Are we the same person? I have had those EXACT same thoughts! I went from a 14 to 8 and honestly? I thought size 8 would be smaller than what I currently am. I still feel like it is a dream and one day I will wake up overweight and size 14 again. I think it takes a while for our minds to catch up with our bodies.
    me too!!!:blushing: I CAN"T believe it either!! And I don't WANT to wake up from this dream EVER!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.