Down 70 lbs and before/after tummy tuck pics

Options

Replies

• brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love the way you explained this, you did what you felt you had to do. You do look great, nice stomach
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. I have full intentions of getting my problem areas reconstructed once I can comitt to a time to "rest" post-surgery (right now my fitness goals are too important)...this kind of makes me want to think things over. I am sorry you had such a rough recovery with your surgery though. You look great though and should be proud of your results! :)
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product...haha! It's great that you shared the ups and downs of your experience since it helps people factor everything in before they decide if it's for them or not :)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Not to sound rude, but how much does it cost (aprox.)? It looks great. Also, is there a reason why you didn't wait until you lost more? I was told that you get better results if you are within 10 lbs of your goal weight. - You look great so please don't take this the wrong way!
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing :)
    Good on you for having the surgery and being open about it.
    I too have a bad overhang, and I will be having surgery someday once ive finished losing weight. I am waiting for a letter from the local hospital actually with an appointment to get it covered under our medicare possibly since I also have a separation in my abdominal muscles, after my 2 boys. Even with exercises from my physio it has not closed, and my core strength is not great. This is why they may cover it, if not our health insurance will, so just have to wait now, and finish losing weight.
    Did you have a muscle separation repaired too? Or just the lose skin?
    Looking good :D
    Are you just 2 weeks post surgery now? Sorry your recovery has not been great, fingerscrossed its all up from here.
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    opps sorry should have read properly, I saw you had to have a hernia repair too.
  • mah1963
    Options
    YOU LOOK GOOD AND I'M TRY TO LOSE 70 POUNDS .I HAVE A BACK INJURY AND ARTHRITS HAVE GOT IN MY BACIK ITS CAUSE ME A LOT OF PAIN,SO I'M HAPPY FOR YOU
  • carlad1234
    Options
    Good for you !!!! It is totally an individual's choice .... We each have to live with who we are so why not feel your best !! I joined a while ago and well just slowly let 35 ibs creep on. I met my soulmate earlier this year and we recently became engaged I am so happy and he thinks I am perfect... lol... I need to lose this weight for myself so here goes I am on track as of today.. thanks for sharing your story!!
    :smile:
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and you look so much better. Glad to see you are living a healthier life!
  • carlad1234
    Options
    Just thought I would say hello and I can relate to the back and arthritis pain. I was rear ended in a car accident almost four years ago and as a result have back pain as well as fibro malayisa (spelling whoops) so it takes so much for me to get motivated but last year I started walking to and from work it was about 20 min each way at a good pace and I lost over 15 ibs in a short amount of time, unforturnately I gained it back because I stopped walking so today is my day to get back on track! Good luck to you!
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Not to sound rude, but how much does it cost (aprox.)? It looks great. Also, is there a reason why you didn't wait until you lost more? I was told that you get better results if you are within 10 lbs of your goal weight. - You look great so please don't take this the wrong way!

No offense taken! I welcome all questions and comments. I actually don't know how much the surgery cost because I didn't have to pay for it. I have not received any statements yet either. Because of my "medically necessary" reasons it was covered by insurance! I am very lucky my doctor says that they are usually NEVER covered! Because of getting that ok from my insurance I had time constraints and had to do it within a certain time of being approved. I am actually not far from my goals. I said multiple times before the surgery that I am happy with myself except for my belly. I know I don't look perfect but I think it is more important for me to feel good. I want to lose about 10-15 lbs more so I am not that far from my "10 lbs to goal weight" The surgery removed 7 lbs of skin and fat and because of the swelling the 165 is a lot of that. Hopefully as long as I stick to my healthy eating as the swelling goes down so will the weight. then as soon as I can start working out I can get the last of the lbs off.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and successful surgery. You look great!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, and you look great. :) ...not sure what to say because i'm sorry you had to have surgery but i can certainly understand the choice. you definitely had some bad luck with the skin elasticity. but you look great now!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

I had one in 2007 and it cost me about a little over $6,200.00 without any lipo. Other doctors in my area charged about $5,500.00 at that time, but my doctor likes to keep you over night in the surgical center with a nurses care and he came and discharged me in the morning. Other doctors in the area, shipped you off to a hotel (if you were out of town) or home and then you had to return to the doctor's office the next day. That was one reason I went with the doctor I chose. Good question!! :smile:
  • Ayla20103005
    Options

No offense taken! I welcome all questions and comments. I actually don't know how much the surgery cost because I didn't have to pay for it. I have not received any statements yet either. Because of my "medically necessary" reasons it was covered by insurance! I am very lucky my doctor says that they are usually NEVER covered! Because of getting that ok from my insurance I had time constraints and had to do it within a certain time of being approved. I am actually not far from my goals. I said multiple times before the surgery that I am happy with myself except for my belly. I know I don't look perfect but I think it is more important for me to feel good. I want to lose about 10-15 lbs more so I am not that far from my "10 lbs to goal weight" The surgery removed 7 lbs of skin and fat and because of the swelling the 165 is a lot of that. Hopefully as long as I stick to my healthy eating as the swelling goes down so will the weight. then as soon as I can start working out I can get the last of the lbs off.

Awesome you didn't have to pay for it :D
    It also gives me hope they may do mine sooner too.

I figured that with still weight to lose but tighter belly skin, and losing weight slowly it should shrink with it ya know?
    Like as if I didn't have skin stretched beyond repair like I do now.
    I might ring today to ask when I might get my appointment.
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options

I had one in 2007 and it cost me about a little over $6,200.00 without any lipo. Other doctors in my area charged about $5,500.00 at that time, but my doctor likes to keep you over night in the surgical center with a nurses care and he came and discharged me in the morning. Other doctors in the area, shipped you off to a hotel (if you were out of town) or home and then you had to return to the doctor's office the next day. That was one reason I went with the doctor I chose. Good question!! :smile:

My doctor usually does it as a day surgery as well. Because it was covered under the insurance though he wanted to keep me over night and thank goodness he did because of the complications that I had. In my opinion and recommendation STAY OVER NIGHT! I really think it gives you piece of mind and you have trained professionals to help you even if you don't have the complications I had.
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    I'm glad you're on the mend. I wonder if I may have to have something done in the future. I'm still holding out hope that it won't be necessary but I've had 3 kids and 2 of them were c-sections so I have a lot of stretch marks vertically across my belly and I have the droop too. It's gotten better as I've lost weight so maybe I'll get lucky. But if not I can't live with the droop when the rest of me is so much thinner. Score on the insurance, not sure I'll be that lucky either. That is rare.
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    I think you look great..... and understand the need and choice to have that skin removed along with the repairs. I hope your recovery continues down an easier path...

I had two very large children ( over 9lbs each ) by csection... as i am losing the weight the "flop " as I call it gets worse. I am scheduled to have this in Feb. I am sure there is some muscle damage in there....

That is awesome on the insurance....
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just wanna follow your progress. I to have had c-section and I have lose skin.... and my dr. did say that it's possible the only way to rid it is a tummy tuck. I will not even look into it until I lose all the weight I want to. But I'd love to see your results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!