HELP!! I can't stop eating candy!

Options

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Self-control, it's not as hard as one would think.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    don't have the candy bowl. :wink:

I'm the same,...If I have junk around I eat it.

just don't have it around.

good luck
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I hate it when the candy strips off it's clothes, runs across my desk, and hops in my mouth! I promise that's how it happens, it has nothing to do with my CHOICE to grab a piece of candy and devoure it.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You enjoy the treats yes? Then save room for them! Figure up how many calories are in those pieces :]

No reason to punish everyone else because you are on a diet i think

There's no reason to treat everyone else either.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    pee on it

If you're pregnant eating the candy after that will aid weight loss.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You enjoy the treats yes? Then save room for them! Figure up how many calories are in those pieces :]

Who says she enjoys them? Maybe just eating it out of boredom or because it's there.

I don't see how this is "punishing" anyone. Unless her job is "candy dispenser".
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could put some nuts or something in the bowl instead?
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I hate it when the candy strips off it's clothes, runs across my desk, and hops in my mouth! I promise that's how it happens, it has nothing to do with my CHOICE to grab a piece of candy and devoure it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And here I thought I was alone in this?!
  • desutton3
    Options
    I also have a candy bowl. I tried putting something healthy (pistachios) in it, but then no one ate them but me.

Now, I keep the candy bowl, but I also keep sunflower seeds (in the shell) at my desk. I have found that a handful of them keeps me busy for more than 20 minutes, and the compulsion to chew on something is satisfied. Plus, it takes me all day to actually eat 1 serving, which is 3/4 cup of unshelled seeds. At 170 calories, that beats the heck out of the 20 or so Jolly Ranchers I used to go through.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Move it to a common area where people can get to it but its not temping you. We have a "food" table at work that we put stuff on to share. Lucky for me its all the way on the other side of the office so I have to make a trip to go get something.

Or put in healthier snacks, small bags of pretzels or peanuts.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Either get rid of the bowl (your co-workers probably don't need the candy either!) or, as someone above suggested, put nuts or something in it instead...maybe some hard candy? You may find you save money, too, because people may not go through what's in there as fast.

Why are you the one who has to keep the candy bowl? Just tell everyone you are trying to lose weight and be healthy, and it's too much of a temptation for you.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Who says she enjoys them? Maybe just eating it out of boredom or because it's there.

I don't see how this is "punishing" anyone. Unless her job is "candy dispenser".

Like a human Pez dispenser? That would be disgusting and cool all at the same time.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Fill the bowl with healthy snacks.
    Or Beanie Babies. Those are always a big hit.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    There is no solution. :sad:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Because if everyone is coming in to enjoy a little snack then it just goes away because one person is on a diet? I think thats unfair

There are always candy bowls around for the holidays. Self control and plan ahead. Let people enjoy the candy lol
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Get rid of it or buy candy you don't like...

I do that... everyone in my office chows on M&M's like they're going out of style. I *love* M&M's but I actually hate the peanut ones. So I graciously offer to replenish the stash at work with the ones I don't like, so I'm not tempted! Everyone thinks I'm generous too! Win win!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Love reading this........... Yes you can and yes you will .......... Tell your boss you find it hard with all that there on offer...

I will have to agree with some people, get candy you dont like...

Or try an alternative, like some raw foods.... Put some nuts out and seeds, make a mix.

Sunflower seeds, goji berries, brazil nuts, lin seeds.

That is a nice mix........... Also good for you, nice fats xxx

What you could do is tell your boss you cant work as you are only thinking about eating more candy, if there was none you would do a better job? Worth a try.. Please let us know how you get on xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Have two bowels.. Sorry missed that bit out xxxxxx
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Have two bowels.. Sorry missed that bit out xxxxxx

How will this help?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    next time put a bowl of oranges, or apples...they go pretty quickly too. and it's bowls people not bowels lol