Sixers TRICKIN' Out Wk 3

Options
2»

Replies

• Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    morning sixers

how is everybody? it is raining a lot here and its a right miserable day and i am a bit miserable to match!! got a smacking headache and not feeling well at all :-(

anyway, thats all for me today, might go home at lunch and work from home. hope everyone is well and looking after their bumps (where necessary!!)

clare xx
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    My beautiful 11 year old baby girl came to me last night in tears because of her "big belly". It broke my heart. She wants it GONE. She's 5'4.5" and 125 lb and she has your typical baby fat on her belly because she is only 11. We spent about 30 minutes talking about the quick ways and the smart ways to work on it and what to expect. Since my mother was all diet pills and now in her 60s with multiple plastic surgery "fixes", I have always worried and prayed that I would handle this right with her. So this morning, I am taking 30 minutes off of work, waking her up 30 minutes early, and we are going for a walk. She asked me to help her eat healthier, so no more baking brownies and cupcakes unless a special occasion. Lots and lots of fruits and veggies on hand. No more juices in the house and TONS of cold, refreshing water available. I told her it's not about the "right now", it's about the "and ever after". Any suggestions you lovely ladies have, I would love to hear. New and scary territory for me here.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    lula....please don't take this harsh or the wrong way. i say this wtih love. kids follow what they see their parents doing. they don't unfortunately come preprogrammed with "do as i say, not as i do". so we need to teach them. i grew up in a strict household in the 60/70's. i swore i wouldn't raise my kids that way. well, i didn't, and now i wish i was more in control. i could give all kinds of excuses now as to why i did what i did. YOU have to give example, by doing, discussing. she will follow suit, she's young enough. does she know you are afraid of the scale? does she hear you when you talk about your body dislikes? she will come around. get the stuff out of the house. if others are going to complain. than learn and teach her to control her eating. BUT, most important. teach and show her how to love herself no matter what she looks like. to learn to love the "dislikes" she has of herself. to accept yourself is the first step in healing yourself. she isn't by far over weight for her height. she still has a lot of growing up to do. after all she is only eleven.

good luck to the both of you.
  • emmele
    emmele Posts: 99
    Options
    Lula. Cathy really has said it better than I ever could... stay strong and lead by being a good example... this morning was a perfect example... getting up early and going for a nice walk (I'm sure she enjoyed the extra time with you too:flowerforyou: ) Just get the junk out, it will help you both... I know I had to... I just don't have the will power right now... (the BF doesn't even notice the change... he he he.. .evil laugh...I have slowly replaced all his junk with healthy snacks etc... ) We are here for you!

Cathy. Great advice, how are you doing?

Clare. It is rainy and nasty here too... makes me want to crawl back into bed... but today is going to be nuts at work.

More later. Back to the grind.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    em i am doing great
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    lula....please don't take this harsh or the wrong way. i say this wtih love. kids follow what they see their parents doing. they don't unfortunately come preprogrammed with "do as i say, not as i do". so we need to teach them. i grew up in a strict household in the 60/70's. i swore i wouldn't raise my kids that way. well, i didn't, and now i wish i was more in control. i could give all kinds of excuses now as to why i did what i did. YOU have to give example, by doing, discussing. she will follow suit, she's young enough. does she know you are afraid of the scale? does she hear you when you talk about your body dislikes? she will come around. get the stuff out of the house. if others are going to complain. than learn and teach her to control her eating. BUT, most important. teach and show her how to love herself no matter what she looks like. to learn to love the "dislikes" she has of herself. to accept yourself is the first step in healing yourself. she isn't by far over weight for her height. she still has a lot of growing up to do. after all she is only eleven.

good luck to the both of you.
    Not offended at all because I know whatever you offer Cathy is with love and concern. I very specifically do NOT talk about my own issues. I have shown her this site as far as monitoring what I eat and what I don't. I have also explained to her that adults tend to monitor more what they eat and their calorie intake as they get older because their metabolism slows down and it is important to stay more active and more nutritious to battle any illnesses or stresses that come our way. Children don't really need to calorie restrict, but rather can make better choices now so as to make good habits for the future. The scale is even hidden away so that she does not worry about it. I found that the statement came from her stepsister in the other household, which as they are only 6 months apart in age there is the sibling rivalry, but they manage well.

She also knows my history with my mom and the stupid dietary mistakes I made in an effort to be "perfect", and what it cost me or almost cost me (one being I could not get pregnant for a long time). She is actually the one thing that started me on my health kick because I was so thankful for her and wasn't about to blow it.

Anyway, long winded. Lots of early morning reflecting.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Keep strong! You can do it!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    lula....i was thinking about this all day yesterday. yup, we as adults have to learn a new lifestyle, change our lifestyle as we age. at her age she can learn it as she grows and that's all she will know. healthy eating and excersie. she won't have to worry about changing it. cause it will be good from the start. ahhh if only we could have a "do over". ask her to help you also. maybe on weekends you guys can go to a state park or something and hike. we are looking back into the hiking with the girls. can't do it in the summer around here. plan a day in advance. have her help with the grocery shopping. if she sees something she wants and you know it's not the best choice. show her why and see if between the two of you, you couldn't find a better replacement. or make a better replacement. "hungry girl" has great recipes and a show on the food network on sundays. enjoy your together time. no matter what anyone says, we are who we are, mind, body, and sole. and if people don't like it, they don't need to be in your life. you don't want people around you who bring you down.

have a great weekend
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

Quick update...did my strength/cardio workout last night! YAY! Tonight we are going to the in-laws for pizza and carving pumpkins...so probably no exercise on the agenda for today. But I will be doing probably strength and yoga tomorrow! Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!
  • jdklove18
    jdklove18 Posts: 252
    Options
    Hi ladies. Just wanted to check in. I've been blessed with a horribly massive head cold/virus. All thanks to my BF. He was lucky enough to take days off of work, I however was not. Unfortunately, this has left me with little energy or motivation to exercise. And the scale can tell. I'm very not happy with the reading this morning, but I'll wait to see what it looks like on weigh in day. Hopefully by then I'll be feeling better and more motivated!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Anyone else have snow in their forecast?????
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I have been doing GREAT with my eating! I have been tracking everything and doing something physically everyday. So far down a pound! Got into a couple of jeans last night too, that were a little tight a couple of months ago. Even got into a size 10 last night!!!!

Unfortanately, my trainer had to cancel our training session for today do to a death. She just had her mother's funeral this week, then came back to town and found out that a close friend of hers, mother passed away this week. So sad. She called me crying yesterday.

So, that means ZUMBA!!! I love the trainer on Friday's! She is great!

Lulla, glad to here you are helping your kiddo. Maybe she picked up some of that stuff from TV or school since you do keep it hush hush at home.

Anyway's, have a great day! Gotta do that thing they call work now, lol!
  • emmele
    Options
    hey sixers. crazy day at the office. i have been terrible 2 nights in a row now... so tonight i need to stay strong and stay away from the fridge... (actually probably the kitchen in general). if i can stay on track for the next 4 days i should be able to hit my goal of 170 on halloween (or the tuesday after)...

keep it up everyone!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ZUMBA TONIGHT
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, thanks for the congrats! We are so excited to be completing our family. I am starting to feel better and hope that the end of the first tri this coming week brings complete relief from all the nausea. Then back to exercise! I have gained a big fat zero pounds which is expected since I am already overweight this time around. I Just hope I can keep things in check. I did have an early gestational diabetes test and failed it. So on to the 3 hour test I went. I passed that so no diabetes just yet. I do have to endure the test again at 28 wks.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! I am having such a great day today. I feel so good about myself and it is showing. Still don't like to look at myself naked, cause I see all the flaws, but I put on some yoga style workout pants and a tank top for the gym and thought I looked pretty damn good in it. Plus I noticed that I was carrying myself better. Kinda like I had a little chip on my shoulder, LOL. That's OK, after loosing over 55 lbs, I'm entitled to have a little pep in my step:)
  • chipper15173
    Options
    lula how are you doing?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    lula how are you doing?

How wonderful this morning to see a personal message to little 'ol me.

In answer, here I am. Hormonal storm of all storms. But hubby and I are trying juicing for a week to see if I can get my system back into shape and I can at least break the cycle if nothing else of pain to binge eating to pain to binge eating. It has helped before, so let us see. Oh yeah, and getting back to exercise I hope.

Thank you so much for thinking of me.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    glad to see you lula. i will be back next week daily. i needed some mind time. got some things figured out about myself and others in my life. to make the changes is the difficult part. life is about changes and do what can and not sweat the stuff we can't. there are no do overs. this is it. i will no longer live it to please others or what people tell me to do. i want enjoyment, not pain and tears.

will post new thread later today. it gets lost if posted too early
  • emmele
    Options
    morning all. crapy, crapy, crapy eating this weekend... halloween is a tough one... back on track today. working from home...
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Tummy ache already this morning...too much Halloween candy!! Bleh...where are you self-control? Oh yeah...my growing baby stole you for the moment! Bummer!!

Plan tonight is some strength/cardio. Hoping that filling up on lots of aqua the rest of the day will help get rid of the excess sugar floating around my system!

Have a good day!