P90 Workout

Options
Is anyone out there doing the P90 workouts? I'm not sure how many Calories I'm burning doing it but I just started today after taking a little break from doing it previously.

Replies

• geminigirl1979
    geminigirl1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did them 3 months ago (and moved onto P90X, just about to finish!) I was burning between 250 and 400 calories, depending on my intensity and which workout I did. P90 is still my favorite workout program.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am in the second recovery week... Week 8 of P90X...

I have lost 28+ pounds, and several inches off my waist, hips and neck and have added on my biceps, calves and Quads/Hammies.

I am about 5 pounds from my HS Football weight in 1984!

Great program, but it is only as good as the food you shove in your mouth. Eat good, eat plenty and sweat a lot!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you invest in a heart rate monitor! That was the most accurate way i found to keep track of my calories when I was doing P90x! :bigsmile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You should get a heart rate monitor. Walmart has them as low as $30 for the Sportline brand and then of course you can get them more expensive.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing a lot of weight back in 2007 I did the original Power 90 series. I did not calculate exercise calories back then, I just ate around 1500 or so total per day and hoped for the best, lol. I lost 3 dress sizes in that 90 days and I gained the ability to pop out a lot of push-ups on my toes. My cardio endurance went through the roof, too. In the beginning, I couldn't even finish the Fat Burning Express video. Towards the end, it was my favorite and I did it all the time.

I used Power 90 as a stepping stone to P90X and now on to other things at a gym.
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Is P90 and P90x two different workouts? Thanks!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Is P90 and P90x two different workouts? Thanks!

Yes. P90 refers to Power 90, which was Tony Horton's precursor to P90X. Power 90 is a shorter, less intense but still 90 day program designed for weight loss (fat burning).

I used Power 90 to get myself in shape enough to try P90X. It worked great for me as I was really out of shape.
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Hamn!!