Buffalo Chili

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
I love chile and this is low in fat but high in taste. And no one will know you used Buffalo! I know you will try to leave out the chocolate but that would be a big mistake... it really does add to the taste.

Ground Buffalo, 10 oz
Onion - White - Medium, 1 Cup
Generic - Bell Pepper, Green, Sweet, 1/2 cup
Mexican Style Corn, 2 cans ( 2.5 cups), not drained

Tomatoes - Red, ripe, canned, whole, about 3 cups, chopped in large chunks, not drained
Tomato Paste - 2-3 Tbsps
Chili Powder, 2-3 tbsps
Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp
Hershey's Milk Chocolate Candy Bar,1/2 bar
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 2 tsp(.8g)
Bush Chili beans, Medium, 2 , 15oz cans
Light red kidney beans, 1 can,15 ozs

Brown buffalo, onions, peppers and one tbsp of the chili pepper in a skillet. Transfer into a large dutch oven or pan and add the rest of the ingrediants and cook slowly for an hour or more, stir every so often, adding water as needed for your prefered consistancy. Should be on the thick side.

Serves 8

Cal 321
Fat 3 g
Protein 17 g
Fiber 11 g

Replies

• rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I have never cooked with chocolate in a savory dish before... I know it's done, but it sounds weird.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    actually you can use an unsweetened chocolate (the higher end food lines offer it) and then add agave in place of the cane and corn syrup sugar in the milk chocolate. FYI

Sounds awesome and I love Buffalo!!!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I have never cooked with chocolate in a savory dish before... I know it's done, but it sounds weird.

You have to trust me on this one. I bring this chili in to work for carry-ins and one time I had to leave the chocolate out because I didn't have any. People said it wasn't as good as usual. I didn't tell them I left it out because I didn't tell them I put it in in the first place! LOL
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Sorry, forgot the beans! Added and amended now! :embarassed: