struggling and can't decide what to do....

Options
or how to move forward. I am an eating fool these days. I don't want to think about what I'm eating. It isn't good. I need to refocus and I need to get back to clean eating and moving. I have been trying to decide if I should return to WW for the outside support, commit to really follow a clean eating plan or simply really REALLY try to stay within my calories. I have also lost my workout mojo although I am not as worried about the working out. That will come back. I have been working out for 7 or more years and know that I go through moments when I just don't want to. Anyway, thoughts are welcome.......

Replies

• jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to revist your goals from when you started (or make a new list) just to remind yourself of whats important.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    WHY do you want to lose weight and get healthy?

remember THAT when you are struggling (mine is to be able to do a unassisted pull up and run a sub 2-hour half)
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been going through the same thing. My motivation is GONE!!! Yesterday was the day I made the promise to recommitt and keep going. I see how much I have lost and am determined to NEVER go back there!! You can do it!!!!! I don't know where you live, but I am from Michigan, and with the cooler weather, I am lazier. You have lost 40 pounds, which is amazing!!! Use that as some extra motivation to keep going in the right direction!!
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    or how to move forward. I am an eating fool these days. I don't want to think about what I'm eating. It isn't good. I need to refocus and I need to get back to clean eating and moving. I have been trying to decide if I should return to WW for the outside support, commit to really follow a clean eating plan or simply really REALLY try to stay within my calories. I have also lost my workout mojo although I am not as worried about the working out. That will come back. I have been working out for 7 or more years and know that I go through moments when I just don't want to. Anyway, thoughts are welcome.......

You might just need an accountability buddy. :-)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    One step at the time. For me, it's been a week a bad bad week. I made myself two mini goals for this week. 1) exercise (real exercie) for at least 4 days. For me, that means going to the gym I just joined and doing the classes. 2) No pizza for one week. Pizza is my downfall. Two slices in itself isn't bad, but that leads to coming home and eating more junk food (chips, candy, etc.) Without the pizza starter I won't do the others.

So I'd suggest making yourself some mini goals and focus on one day, then one week at a time and get movin' movin' movin'!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I don't want to think about what I'm eating. It isn't good. I need to refocus and I need to get back to clean eating and moving.
    When you say this, do you mean you haven't been logging what you're eating? If so, my suggestion would be to LOG. Log the good, bad, and ugly. I tend to stop logging when I eat bad also, because I just don't want to think about it. But when I do, man is it a slap in the face. Starting to log again, even the horrible foods, usually is enough to get me going in the right direction again.
  • Kelsea13
    Options
    I struggled with the same EXACT thing and am working through it now. I ultimately decided that I will be happier if I commit to my long term goals vs. living for short term pleasure (i.e. eating unhealthy, not working out, etc). What is working for me is making clear goals - 3 month, 6 month, 1 year and basing my decisions around those to make things really clear (black and white). When I get in the "grey area" and make decisions on how I feel, they are usually decisions that don't align with my goals. Also, I have found that making the commitment every day helps so I'm trying to (not always easy) spend 15 mins in the am thinking about where I want to be and getting my mind and actions in line. It has helped me. Just an idea!

Good luck and just remember no task ahead of us is as powerful as the force behind us!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    did you ever think about doing a detox? I really found that when I did a detox-(I juiced fruits and veggies for 30 days) I felt great- my energy was amazing and just felt like it was a great jumpstart to getting healthy, ridding myself of a lot of junk, etc. Just a thought.
  • alisonstrickland
    Options
    Im at the same place too......., with only about 7 kilos to loose i have stalled and all my bad eating habits are back........ but there is some good advise coming out on this topic I really like the idea of spending 15 mins am daily refocusing on what you want. And I agree you need to be accountable too. I have stopped going to the gym for the last two weeks but I am still walking alot. Will this phase pass? I am so close to my goal what happened? do I have a subconscious fear of success!? Im hoping to turn this around .......... TODAY! ! !
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I will re-read all your comments and try some of the ideas. I do like the idea of reaffirming why I am dong this in the morning. That is fairly simple to do and may help me stay on task. I am also going to re-evalute my goals and maybe set some smaller, weekly ones to get me back on track. I will keep checking in for more ideas!! Again, thanks.